Is there anybody out there?!?!
I so would not blame you if you gave up on me and the ol' blog.
I have been a terrible blogger lately.
But finding the time (and motivation) these days seems to be a HUGE challenge.
Sooo, I'm using the Ten on Tuesday to play a little game of catching up.
So, here we go....
1. We had a lovely Father's Day. Scott got his Father's Day/Birthday present early this year (a Motorola Xoom tablet, which pretty much elevated me to best wife ever status, thankyouverymuch!), but we still gave him some pretty snazzy new work clothes. Being that we had his gift exchange early in the morning before going to church, I didn't take many pictures. But from the few that I did take, this one is by far my favorite:
2. The reason Daddy got some snazzy new work clothes, is because he will soon be starting a different job. We are SO very excited about this. Trust me when I say this is most definitely answered prayer!
4. Did I mention that Isabella lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago while we were on vacation?
5. Last week, the kids and I spent some time in Barnes & Noble looking for a birthday present for my nephew. While perusing the Bargains section, I came across these books:
Shhh... please don't tell my nook that I broke down and bought actual books, OK?
It's just that at $4.98 each, I couldn't pass them up.
6. Speaking of reading, I've been on a roll lately. Out of the 35 books I set up to read at the beginning of the year, I've already read 26. Woo Hoo! I will definitely have to up that number next year. And if any of you have a good book recommendation, please feel free to send it my way. I'm always looking for good reading material.
7. The kids recently discovered, and are totally obsessed with, a bunch of caterpillars hanging out and devouring some bushes in our front yard.
Needless to say, we check in on them every single day. These are some very hungry caterpillars!
8. I already started all the planning and preparations for Isabella's upcoming birthday party. The theme for this birthday is ART! Shocker, I know! I have so many fun projects and decorations planned, I can hardly stand it! So stay tuned...
9. The kids started VBS at my brother's church tonight. I won't lie, was a bit concerned about the 6-8:30pm time frame. But today I dropped them off, had dinner at Subway, walked next door for a pedicure (my toe nails are PURPLE and I ♥ them!), and then drove by the McDonald's drive thru for a $.75 low fat vanilla cone. And I did all of this before picking them up. It was a good night!
10. The kids started their swim lessons yesterday.
One of them loved it, the other didn't.
Wanna venture a guess as to who it was???
Let me give you a hint:
Yep, this is pretty much what he looked like during the duration of the lesson.
And later in the day, when his Tata asked him about his swim lessons, his immediate response was:
It was a NIGHTMARE!
That boy of ours cracks me up!
Isabella, on the other hand, loved every minute of it!
In fact, her teachers mentioned she might be ready to move up to the next level.