Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fun at the Patch

So we finally made it to a pumpkin patch this year with our great friends the Padawers. We have been postponing our trip because it's been so hot and my idea of a pumpkin patch visit and a hay ride usually involves jeans and warm, cozy sweaters, not shorts and T-shirts. Since we got there in the morning it was still somewhat "chilly", but unfortunately it wasn't long before the temperature was up in the 80's.

We kicked off our adventure with a hay ride out to the fields where we got to pick our own pumpkins right off the vines. Then we headed back to the "farm" to play in the playground, ride the train, pet and feed the animals, roast marshmallows and jump in the moonwalk. A funny thing that happened was while Isabella and I were posing for a picture in front of the goats, one of them decided my hair looked good enough to eat and took a big ol' bite of it scaring me to death and making me jump a good ten feet. I seriously do not remember the last time I moved that fast.
I think the girls would have been quite content to stay there all day, but we finally convinced them that the adults were hot and hungry and that we needed to go get some lunch. But it was a very good day filled with so much fun and a whole lot of laughter.

1 comments:

Christie said...

The picture of the 3 of you turned out so good. Too cute. We had a good day.