I first read about Project 52 last year in the Handbags & Handguns blog. I was quite intrigued, but for some reason opted not to participate. I mean, the truth is I have a hard enough time sticking to a few "resolutions", so the thought of putting 52 goals down on paper made me a bit leery, to say the least. But then I started really looking into what people were including in their Project 52 lists, and I knew this year I had to do it!
Project 52 is about setting goals, not resolutions. It's about doing things to better myself and my family. It's about helping others. It's about remembering some of the little, and not so little, things I'd love to accomplish. It's about making 2012 the Best. Year. Yet!
So, here are 52 things (in no particular order) I hope to accomplish in the 52 weeks of 2012:
1. Pray more often
2. Cook healthier meals and eat more meals at home
3. Read the daily devotionals; my own and the kids'
4. Read 50 books (up from last year's goal of 45)
5. Create a photo gallery wall
6. Teach the kids Spanish
7. Go to a Redbirds game
8. Try a new recipe every week
9. Blog at least 3 times/week
10. Grow Liz Butler Photography
11. Start a prayer/gratitude journal
12. Lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday (June)
13. Throw a winter spa party for Isabella and her little girlfriends
14. Drink more water and less Coke
15. Join a Hope Small Group
16. Have a garage sale
17. Go to at least 2 shows at The Orpheum
18. Call my friends more often
19. Get Sam off overnight pull-ups
20. Complete at least 4 Pinterest projects
21. Host a summer gathering at our house
22. Move more
23. Significantly improve my photography skills
24. Remodel our kitchen ~ paint, cabinets, backsplash
25. Have a weekly family fun night
26. Celebrate our 10th Anniversary (February)
27. Read the Bible in a year
28. Go on a beach family vacation
29. Do more crafts with the kids
30. Teach Isabella to ride her bike without training wheels
31. Go to one concert
32. Get a massage
33. Go the zoo at least 4 times this year
34. Declutter our house
35. Sign up for a 5K
36. Go on Hope's Belize Mission trip this summer
37. Create 1-2 scrapbook layouts each month
38. Paint our master bedroom
39. Volunteer at a shelter/soup kitchen with the kids
40. Take a monthly family photo (four people twelve times - like the amazing Tara W.)
41. Go camping with the kids
42. Improve my Photoshop skills
43. Organize my office/craft area
44. Clean out our garage
45. Teach Isabella how to tie her shoelaces
46. Celebrate mine and Scott's 40th BDays
47. Block out some "me time" on my calendar on a regular basis
48. Gut and remodel our master bathroom
49. Go to at least one show at The Playhouse
50. Landscape the front yard
51. Have a picnic at the Botanic Gardens
52. Take down upstairs bath wallpaper and paint
And I think that about does it!
I'll be posting progress updates on the blog throughout the year.
If you think this might be something you'd like to do as well, please let me know.
I will gladly support any and all of you in this fun journey!
I am really excited about this new year.
The possibilities make me absolutely giddy.
I am starting to say no to some things, so that I can focus on others.
And the truth is I have a few very specific things I definitely want to focus on.
Here's to a brand new year and a fresh new start!