Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Very Colorful Farmer's Market

This morning we woke up, had breakfast and went out to check out our local Farmer's Market. Scott and Isabella had never been to one and I can't even remember to the last time I went. It was absolutely wonderful. We got there at around 10:30am and walked around for a while taking it all in. Scott loved the selection they had of fruits and vegetables and their great prices. His new grilling infatuation ( I'm certainly not complaining) has him trying all these different grilled vegetable recipes which are divine. Isabella apparently loved their tomatoes since she decided to bite into two of them; one regular tomato and one cherry tomato which squirted all over her face and hair and left her a very confused mess. Me, well as you can see I really loved all of the colors surrounding us every step of the way. Anyway, we made sure to stock up on tons of fruit and vegetables before we left. Isabella also loved some beaded bracelets they were selling and we got her two of them, a blue one and a purple one (but unfortunately, unbeknown to us, she decided to leave them at Lowe's afterwards).

However, my absolute most favorite part of our Farmer's Market experience this morning was when we decided to buy some corn and I got to witness quite an interesting exchange between Scott and the vendor. Now please do keep in mind we are in the south and the Market was packed with southern farmers with very thick southern accents. Anyway, we walk up to the vendor and after the greetings this happens:

Vendor: "Which type of corn would you like?"
Scott: "Well, what do you have?"
Vendor: "I have two types; the bi-colored kind with the yellow and white inside and the really sweet and yellow kind."
Scott: "The bipolar kind? I've never heard of bipolar corn?"
Liz (unable to control laughter): "Scott, he said bi-colored, two colors."
Scott: "Well,... that makes a whole lot more sense then."

I don't know, maybe this is one of those things where you had to be there to find it as funny as we do, but it has made us laugh all day long. Even as I type this I am giggling like an idiot. Please know I completely understand that there is nothing funny about the bipolar disorder and I would never laugh or mock anyone with such disorder. NEVER! But bipolar corn? Seriously! You just can't make this stuff up. And you should have seen him, he looked so interested!

I tell ya, you gotta love a man that makes you laugh so hard in public. Thanks Cakes!!!

1 comments:

marci lambert said...

LOVE your photos! i took the girls there earlier this year and not much was going on yet. we'll have to make another trip now!