Monday, July 21, 2008

104°

Nope, that's not the name of a new up and coming geeky boy band, it's the temperature my van said it was today while the kids and I were out running errands: 104° F. Holy Cow! It was unbearable, but we had to go out and get some stuff done before Isabella's birthday.

First on our list of to-dos was going to Babies-R-Us to pick up a new toddler booster seat for Isabella, not because she's outgrown her car seat, but because Sam has almost completely outgrown his infant carrier and now has to move the car seat Isabella's using. Last week at Sam's 4 month check-up Dr. Senter suggested that, for my own health, I should stop carrying Sam around in the infant carrier (yeah, he's now up to a hefty 20 lbs, still totally off the charts with his weight, he's at 90% on height and head size, and he wears a size 12 months). As hard as it is carrying Sam in his infant carrier these days, I cringe at the thought of not having the convenience it offers, especially when he's fallen asleep while we're out and about.

Afterwards, we went to Baskin Robbins to get Isabella a yummy cake for her actual birthday, which is tomorrow. Although she specifically requested Backyardigans cupcakes for her birthday party on Saturday (which I already ordered from Miss Muff'n ~ YUM!), for tomorrow she wanted a chocolate chip ice cream cake ~ bonus for us!

Then it was on to take her to get a haircut. On a whim (or maybe it was the heat) I decided to tell the girl to cut it short, and I absolutely love how she looks:
Such a sassy little thing, isn't she?

The last stop on our blistering hot tour was Party City, for some last minute things to add to the goody bags for Saturday.

Then we came home and passed out on the couch from heat exhaustion; well, Isabella and I did while Sam enjoyed his swing for a while.
Oh yeah, that's drool, not sweat, on our boy's shirt.

I know it's not even August yet, but boy am I looking forward to cooler days. Geez!

0 comments: