Monday, January 4, 2010

Iowa Visit-Part One: Sledding

I can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year than getting together with our wonderful friends, the Millers. If you know me at all, then you know that I love me some Miller time! They recently relocated to Iowa due to Rob's job and we thought it was as good time as any to go visit them in their new home.

They bought a beautiful home on a couple acres of land right smack in the middle of the country. And when I say country people, I mean country. Look outside the window to find wild turkeys eating some of the bird food kind of country. Look outside the window to see a bunch of deer passing through the yard kind of country. Look outside the window to see the most beautiful varieties of birds eating out of their bird feeders kind of country. We loved it! It was peaceful and serene and the view from every single window in the house was breathtaking.

Having not lived in the Midwest for the last 8 years or so we had totally forgotten what Midwest winters are like. Holy Cold, Batman! And I mean seriously! I think at one point I described the crippling temperatures as inhumane. But nothing could keep the kids from going out there and having a blast.

Isabella & Jack hamming it up for the camera.
She loves Jack!
Rachel wiping out on the way down the hill.
Sam looked like this pretty much the entire time he was
out in the snow.
... unless he was being held by his Daddy,
... or actually sledding.
That he loved!
Isabella was in heaven the entire time she was playing in the snow.
She wasn't completely sold on the whole sledding thing though.HA! I love her face in this picture.
Here's Rachel giving Sam and Scott a little push.
Isabella & Luke sledding down one of the hills in the backyard.
Luke is clearly loving it. Isabella, well the jury's still out on her.
I think she might actually be praying.

Unfortunately, Sam was so miserable outside I decided to take him back to the house to warm up a bit and have a snack. Isabella and Scott stayed outside and made snow angles and footprints and even rolled down one of the hills together.

Did I already mention this one loves snow?
She LOVES it!

After all the fun and excitement of playing outside, we all went inside to enjoy some yummy hot cocoa with marshmallows and wait for the arrival of the our dear friends, the Rieds, who were also joining us in ringing in the New Year at the Miller's.

Stay tuned for Part Deux, coming soon!

1 comments:

Alissa103 said...

You got some great shots! These will be fun to scrap :)