Friday, September 10, 2010

I am...

...currently on the mother of all organizational kicks. Our family calendar, planning meals, decluttering our house,... you name it! I crave simplicity and I'm determined to get there. Between Sam's school, our local library, Goodwill and the garbage truck, we made huge improvements last weekend. So if you see me coming with a big 30 gallon trash bag in hand, you might wanna step aside,... I'm on a mission!

...tired of feeling tired, so I decided to give Weight Watchers yet another go. I hesitated with whether or not to disclose it here, since I've fallen flat on my face with all of my previous attempts, but I do love (and need) the encouragement I get from my friends. Last week was my first weigh-in and I'm happy to announce that I had a 4.8lbs loss. YAY! Not sure what this week will bring since my stress level has been on HIGH pretty much all week. But I'm trying, really hard. Hey Rachel, pretty soon I'll be looking phat,...WITH the ph ;)

...now a part time employee at my LSS, responsible for some of the back office administrative duties. I'm able to do some of it from home and then go in a couple of times a week while the kids are at school. The staff there consists of a bunch of wonderful, creative women who I have known and loved for years. How could I resist being a part of such an awesome team? Besides, it's not like I have anything else going on.

...still teaching scrapbook layout classes in the above mentioned LSS. And it's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun, and I love it. I love my regular students. And I love meeting new people. I love scrapbooking. And I love sharing it with others. And I especially love getting a phone call (like I just did) letting me know that tomorrow's class is SOLD OUT! YAY!

...now also Isabella's class room mom. Yeah, I had no idea what that meant, so I met with her teacher yesterday to discuss it. And I can honestly tell you I am now officially a bit freaked out. It sounds like a lot of work, but apparently there was a shortage of volunteers (read smart people), so I can't exactly back out, not that I would anyway. I'm just going to do my best and make the most of it.

...home today with two sick kiddos. Isabella has strep throat. Sam has strep throat and an ear infection. They are both on antibiotics. And on Claritin for their allergies. They are both quite irritable. And totally getting on each others' nerves. And therefore, crawling all over mine. It's nothing but good times around here, let me tell ya!

... really missing blogging on a more frequent basis, but finding the time to actually sit and type is proving to be quite challenging these days. I haven't even taken a single photo in over a week. Yeah, it's like that!

...officially a soccer mom. For reals, people! Isabella's first soccer game is this coming weekend and she is SO excited. I can't wait to see her in action. I seriously hope I can contain myself on the sidelines. But I'm not making any promises.

...still reading like a mad woman and LOVING my nook. Unfortunately, there isn't as much free time as I'd like these days, but I get my fix while sitting at Isabella's school pick-up line and  right before I fall asleep pass out at night. I'm currently reading Me & Emma and although it is heartbreaking and definitely NOT a lighthearted read (it is a story told from the point of view of a child who falls victim to child abuse), it is quite riveting and compelling.

...in desperate need of some serious pampering. Think manicure/pedicure/full body massage spa package. Oh my, doesn't that sound like heaven?

...NOT supermom or superwoman. Not even close!

...SUPER exhausted and sometimes overwhelmed.

...focused and determined and grateful and trying my hardest.

I AM ONE HAPPY MOM!
 
(artwork by Isabella)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can say many things about this post......we all do our best with our kids, and that's hard work, but some days are better then others.

But please take our camera out, I miss your photos!!!!

And about losing weight, hey we all do our best - we will never be size 0. Of course whatever we do to loose weight, is great, but remember, we all love you just the way you are!!!

Oh and congrats on your new part-time - enjoy every second of if, because it sounds like fun!!

Anonymous said...

Mine had strep and an ear infection too. I don't have time for my Nook either. Hopefully, someday soon...