Saturday, September 25, 2010

I betcha didn't know

I came across this fun little get-to-know you quiz on one of my recently discovered and new favorite blogs, Inside BruCrew Life.

Caution: DO NOT go there hungry,... or while dieting. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to give it a spin and post it on my blog.

(X) Shot a gun (an M16 rifle and an M60 machine gun ~ yeah, Mama don't play!)
( ) Gone on a blind date (no way, I had enough disaster dates with guys I picked for myself!)
(X) Skipped school (My favorite was when my friend and I ran into our school principal right in the midst of out little adventure. BUSTED!)
(X) Watched someone die (I saw someone get shot on the street once ~ CRAZY scary!)
(X) Been to Canada
( ) Been to Alaska (Scott suggested an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon when we got married in Puerto Rico ~ but that just didn't seem right)
( ) Been to Cuba (just waiting on Fidel to check out, so I can go and check in)
( ) Been to Fiji
( ) Been to Europe (definitely on my To-Do list ~ Tuscany, here we come!)
( ) Been to an Asian Country
( ) Been to Las Vegas (Scott has, but I haven't. Soon, I promise you!)
(X) Been to Mexico
(X) Been to Florida
(X) Been on a plane
(X) Been on a cruise ship (I'm trying to convince the hubby that he will NOT get bored on one.)
(X) Served on a jury (Yes, just recently.)
(X) Been lost (Yeah, but not for long because I'm a girl so I stopped and asked for directions)
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
(X) Gone to Washington, DC (Unfortunately it was when I was much too young to appreciate it)
(X) Swam in the ocean (Hey, what can I say,... I'm an island girl)
(X) Cried yourself to sleep (Those darn boys!)
(X) Played cops and robbers
(X) Played cowboys/girls and Indians (There wasn't an issue of it not being PC when I was growing up.)
(X) Recently colored with crayons (Almost a daily occurrence around here)
(X) Sang Karaoke (Did I? Almost every Thursday night at the Nitty Gritty during my college years. My go-to song was Wooly Bully by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs. I rocked it, people. I rocked it!)
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only
(X) Made prank phone calls
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose (One too many times!)
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe (Really? Note to self ~ cross this off my list this coming Christmas. Pucker up, Cakes!)
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone
(X) Blown bubbles (A favorite around these parts)
( ) Gone ice-skating (I'm pretty terrified of falling and breaking a few much needed bones)
(X) Gone snow skiing (Yep, and fell down the hill taking quite a few skiers with me ~ That was the best. NOT!)
(X) Camped out under the stars (On the beach, at the lake, in the woods, and soon, in our backyard)
(X) Seen something so beautiful that it took your breath away (My first meeting with both of my children)
(X) Are or have been Married (Happily married for a little over 8 1/2 years, right Cakes? Cakes?)
(X) Have Children (two gorgeous and amazing creatures ~ a girl and a boy. They are my heartbeat!)
(X) Have a Pet (2 dogs & 2 cats ~ want one? how about 4?)
( ) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Been fishing (Much too boring for my personality)
(X) Been boating (That's more my speed)
( ) Been water skiing
( ) Been Canoeing (Not interested)
(X) Been hiking (Yep, in Yellowstone and we came across bear poop. Ask me how I know it was left by a BIG bear. I ran back so fast!)
(X) Been horseback riding
( ) Been camping in a trailer/RV
(X) Flown in a small 4-seater airplane (for business ~ so SCARY!)
( ) Flown in a glider
( ) Flown in a helicopter
( ) Been flying in a hot air balloon
( ) Been bungee-jumping (definitely on my NEVER TRY list)
(X) Gone to a drive-in movie
(X) Done something that should have killed you ( A couple things from my stupid teenage years come to mind.)
( ) Done something that you will probably regret for the rest of your life (Nope, I'm just trying to see it all as learning opportunities)


1. Any nickname ? Liz, Lizy, Baby, Lizard and Eloserbeth (thanks, Matt!)
2. Favorite Drink ? Regular Coke, Sweet Tea, Miller Lite, Riesling & Cosmopolitans.
3. Piercing? 1 in each ear ~ I like to live on the edge like that.
4. Tattoos? One, from when I was much younger.
5. How much do you love your job? SAHM ~ hard, demanding, but oh so wonderful!
6. Birthplace: Puerto Rico, Baby!
7. Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere ~ so not picky as long as we get away!
8. Ever Been To Africa? No, but I'm hoping to go on a missions trip some day (and go on a safari)
9. What did you have for dinner last night?A yummy Guacamole Bacon Burger from Red Robin.
10. Ever been on TV? Yes, when I was little I was on a televised kids' game show. I didn't win, so they called me the "almost-winner".
11. Ever steal any traffic signs? Seriously, what for?
12. Ever been in a car accident? Unfortunately, yes!
13. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? We're the proud drivers of a swagger wagon, cause that's how we roll.
14. Favorite number? 2 and 8
15. Favorite color? Red and Purple, and most recently, Orange
16. Favorite TV show? Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance and Glee (the talent on these shows = AMAZING!), America's Next Top Model (nothing says drama like a bunch of hungry skinny model wannabes living under the same roof), The Vampire Diaries and True Blood (because vampires are SO hot right now), The Office (cause I've been there) and most recently Parenthood (because I can't watch a single episode without relating on some level and crying my heart out)
17. Favorite movie? So many ~ Braveheart, Steel Magnolias, Juno, Napoleon Dynamite, and many many more
18. Favorite Holiday? Christmas, hands down!
19. Favorite dessert? Creme brulee
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully, continuing to enjoy this blessed life I've been given!

OK, so now that you know so much about me, it's your turn. I'd love to know more about you, so let me know if you play along and post your answers on your blog or on your Facebook page.

Now I leave you with a random photo, just because:
My boys, hard at work.
This makes me smile!

2 comments:

Krystle said...

That pic is super adorable!!!

alison said...

i love that picture!

and you'd SO be interested in canoeing if you could come on one of OUR trips. we have themes and everything :)