Saturday, January 1, 2011

My "One Little Word" for 2011

Happy New Year, everyone!

Isn't it exciting to start the a brand new year? The thought of all the new possibilities, opportunities and experiences. Oh, it's enough to make this here girl downright giddy!

And as you may (or may not) remember, I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. And that might just be because in my entire lifetime, I have never once managed to stick to a single one of them!  Never. Ever!

I do however, subscribe to Ali Edwards' "One Little Word" challenge! And I am happy to say that it's that time of year again, my friends! The time when I disclose that "one little word" to focus on throughout the year. And since I wanted to make sure this posts today, on 1/1/11, I'll be sure to keep it short and sweet.

Following are the OLWs I've focused on the last few years:
2010 ~ Declutter
2009 ~ Simplify
2008 ~ Relax
2007 ~ Go

This year, after thinking about it for a few days, my word finally hit me like a ton of bricks. My OLW for 2011 is: RENEW.

RENEW
(ri no̵̅o̅, -nyo̵̅o̅)
verb
1. To make new or as if new again; restore
2. To make new spiritually; regenerate
3. To take up again; resume
4. To begin (an activity) again; recommence
5. To restate so as to reaffirm; repeat
6. To make extensive changes in; rebuild 
7. To restore to a new or fresh condition; replenish
8. To regain or restore the physical or mental vigor of; revive
9. To bring into being again; reestablish

I will spare you the details of how this word found/chose me, but I can honestly tell you it is perfect, and in this season of my life, I could not have picked a better word for myself if I tried.

The desires of my heart are to renew so many things in my life right now and I am so excited about sharing these with you in the coming year. So, to help me stay on track, I'll be highlighting some of the definitions from above and blogging about how I've applied them to myself and my goals.

Have you made your New Year's resolutions yet?
If not, wanna give this approach a try? 
If so, what's your OLW for 2011?

0 comments: