Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Good Intentions

Ever since last night I've been thinking about what my day would be like today ~ get up early, go to my Bible study, get lunch for Isabella, put her down for a nap and clean like a crazy woman. I mean, I have been pumping myself up for everything I was going to get done today and I could hardly wait to have the cleanest house in the neighborhood.

I got up early, went to Bible study, got Isabella some lunch and then reality hit. My baby's not feeling well. And how do I know you ask, well for starters the fact that she did not eat her tasty McDonald's fries, all she wanted to do was snuggle with me on the couch and now she's running a low grade fever. She did nap for about an hour, and I'm willing to bet just about anything I have the cleanest bathrooms in the neighborhood, but that's as far as I got.

Right now we're sitting on the couch, drinking some yummy apple juice and watching The Backyardigans. Well, I'm on the couch and she just gravitated to her Dora the Explorer "sofa". Like any momma I hate it when she's sick and would do anything to make her feel better as quickly as possible. But I'd be lying if I told you I didn't enjoy all the cuddling she does when she's sick. You see, she's probably one of the most affectionate babies out there, with her infinite supply of yummy hugs, kisses and "love you"s her daddy and I get on a daily basis, but she does not like to cuddle. And trust me, it's not for lack of us trying. I think there's just too much to see, do and explore to sit with anyone for any given period of time. So, as much as I hate to have a baby who feels yucky, I'm really cherishing the snuggling.

So in closing, right now I have a dirty house with really clean bathrooms and a stunning baby girl on my lap snuggling against her momma and making her the happiest person on earth. When I woke up this morning I had good intentions, but if you ask me, I got a lot more than I bargained for. Yeah!

0 comments: