Monday, April 2, 2007

Theater Rookie



My brother called me this afternoon offering me 4 tickets to a kid's play called "If you give a mouse a cookie". So Isabella and I got dressed as fast as we could, picked her cousin Christian up (who she is absolutely crazy about), went downtown, had dinner with Scott and went to see the show.

This was Isabella's first play at a theater, and she loved it! She's been to the circus before and we just saw the Wiggles live in February, but this was totally different. Unlike the before mentioned events, today she was expected to be relatively quiet. I seriously didn't know what to expect and even warned my nephew that we might have to leave before the end of the show. Amazingly, she conducted herself like an old pro. She walked in and sat on my lap for most of the 55 minutes mesmerized by the huge "mouse" up on stage. When she wasn't focused on the action happening before us, she was fascinated by the stars (lights) on the ceiling, the people around us, or giving me and her daddy lots of hugs and kisses.

What a nice evening! Good food, good show, great company. I can't think of a better way to end the day and I can't wait for her next play. Ooohhh ~ isn't The Lion King coming to town?

0 comments: