Sunday, May 27, 2007

Webster's says,...

exˈhausted adjective
1. drained of energy or effectiveness; extremely tired
2. depleted of energy, force, or strength
3. drained physically

This is exactly how I feel. I don't even know where to start. Don't get me wrong, I am very well aware that my absolute and total lack of energy right this minute is my own fault. But truth be told, I've had LOTS of fun in the process.

Thursday night

I had a totally fun class at my local scrapbook store followed by great conversation and coffee at Starbucks until about 11:00 pm. This, my friends, marks the beginning of my demise.

Friday night
As soon as Scott got home from work we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner (yes, that would be the one we go to EVERY Friday night) and then raced to Uncle Chris and Maria's place. Scott and I left to go to my friend Cora's surprise birthday party and Isabella got to spend some quality time with her cousins before they leave for Puerto Rico for the Summer. Another late night.

Saturday
Scott and I were going to the wedding of one of his financial analysts. I woke up , had a protein filled breakfast for energy and embarked on the most desperate journey to the mall to find an outfit for the evening. Well I tell you, the angels were all working with and around me since within an hour of my arrival to Macy's I had found not one, but two dresses, a beautiful pair of shoes, and accessories. The dresses were on sale and the shoes and the accessories were on clearance (BONUS!). And the best part is that I totally loved all of it. Seriously, how often does that happen? From the mall I ran to a nail salon to meet my friend Hannah by 1:00 pm to get pedicures and get caught up on girl stuff. Then I went home, got ready, made sure Isabella and the babysitter were taken care of, and hurried out of the house to get to the wedding 5 minutes before the scheduled affair began. From there we went to the reception, which was the most fun I have had in a long time. I laughed so much that my cheeks hurt and talked so much that my voice is hoarse. Facial pain and weak vocal cords, without a doubt signs of a very fun evening. Anyway, we got home after midnight. And can I tell you, it is unbelievably wonderful to have a babysitter that can drive herself home at the end of the evening. It's just awesome!

And finally, this very long post leads me to:

Today
We woke up late (thank you Isabella!), went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast, came home, got ready and left for a Pool Party. An entire day of eating, talking, swimming, you name it. We just got home about an hour ago. Since Isabella was so entertained, she neglected to take her afternoon nap today. Needless to say when we got home at around 7:00, she flew up the stairs and all but put herself to sleep.

And honestly, the scary thing is that it's only Sunday. We still have Memorial Day Monday when we're supposed to have a cook-out with our neighbors.

Now can you understand my exhaustion? And if I feel this way, can you imagine how my poor Scott must feel being the introvert that he is and having SO much people contact these last few days? And can you believe with all these activities I have not taken one single picture and instead decided to enjoy the moments and not worry about getting the perfect shot?

So, sorry about the long post. Sorry about the whining. Sorry about the lack of pictures. I feel much better now and think I am going to join my husband downstairs. Maybe we'll watch a movie, or better yet, maybe I will just pass out on the couch until he wakes me up and tells me it's time to go to bed.

Until next time,...

0 comments: