Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Insanity defined

Insanity is defined as getting in your car with your almost 3 year old toddler and your 2 month old baby and driving over 1000 miles (round-trip) to get out of your house so that your husband, who's taken time off from work, can install the wood floors you purchased over 2 years ago that have been sitting in the garage.

Yes, tomorrow I'm loading up the car and packing up the kids and we're on our way to Indiana to spend a few days with our friends, the Millers. On the way, we're making an overnight stop in Louisville, KY to visit with our friends, the Monteiros, who we haven't seen in 4 years.

I'm really excited about visiting with our friends and their children. But when I really stop to think about it, I guess the fact that right now I'm functioning on "extremely optimistic denial" gear is the only thing preventing me from calling everyone, canceling our little road trip and crawling into bed in the fetal position for the next week or so. I'm sure my next post will contain lots of stories and pictures. It should be an interesting few days; if we make it past Nashville, that is,...

Well, I should get back to the laundry, the packing and moving some furniture around. I have to remind myself that when we get back gone will be the ugly tile and nasty carpet from our entryway, dining room and living room. And in it's place, there will be warm, welcoming, beautiful wood floors. Right Scott?

0 comments: