Tuesday, May 6, 2008

OPAM - May

One of the blogs that I constantly stalk, or rather frequent, is that of photographer Tara Whitney. She is unbelievably talented ~ just click HERE to see it for yourself. Anyway, she does this thing called OPAM, which stands for One Project A Month. So the premise is you (1) pick a project you'd like to accomplish (2) post the "before"picture in your blog at the beginning of the month (3) do whatever it is you told everyone who reads your blog you were going to do, and (4) post the "after" picture at the end of the month. I thought it would be fun to try and since I'd have all month to complete the chosen project, there's not that much pressure to make the whole thing stressful. Also, I think the fact that I'm posting it here, gives me that extra bit of accountability to push me to get it done.

With that being said, here's my OPAM for the month of May: our half bath downstairs.

I don't know if you can see it in the above photos, but the painters tape is still on, after just one coat of paint. I actually started this project right before I had Baby Sam. And the reason it wasn't completed is because it was extremely uncomfortable to be bending, kneeling, sitting and reaching while being 9 months pregnant. Now that Baby Sam is here and healthy and I've been given a clean bill of health, I'm ready to tackle it again.

Well, the plan is this: I will finish painting the walls, I will paint the vanity, I will decorate it and I will post pictures of the finished product. So wish me luck!

On a different note, we've had such beautiful weather around here lately that we decided to take "the kids" (it's so strange to type that) to the zoo on Sunday after church. The temperature was in the mid 70's, the animals were out and happy and we had a wonderful day.
Yes, Isabella has a fruit punch mustache and Sam had just turned 7 weeks a couple days before this picture was taken. Crazy, isn't it?

0 comments: