Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Little Giant

OK, so our baby boy had his 2 month check-up today. Yeah,... I'd like to say he and I did great, but the truth is that the whole thing was a bit rough on the two of us. I thought I remembered how hard it was to see them cry due to the 5 shots they get during these visits but honestly, I totally underestimated the effect it has on me. Even though I know I'm doing the right thing for my kids, it is absolutely horrendous to have to hold them down while they scream from the pain of the vaccines. And on top of it, having to be there alone,... Actually, as soon as I left the doctor's office I immediately called Scott and told him: "Cakes, you know I love you, but I really don't like you right now."

Anyhoo, after having survived that whole ordeal and voluntarily scheduling it yet again in another two months, let me share with you some of the facts that came out of the appointment about our little giant Sam:

* He measured in at 23 1/2 inches long (75th percentile).
* His head circumference is 40 cm (also, 75th percentile ~ thank God for C-sections).

* He currently weighs 15 pounds and 3 ounces (97th percentile ~ and wears size 6-9 months clothes).
(And yes, that is our adorable nurse, Ms. Emily, in absolute shock over Sam's weight)

(See the band-aids on both of his gorgeous round thighs? It was horrible, I tell ya.)

* Apparently, his personality right now is a pretty good indication of what he'll be like as a child in the future ~ definitely good news since he is such an easygoing baby, well,... as long as his belly's full and his diaper's clean.(Although this is definitely not a good picture, I just thought I'd show that our sweet boy ended his day on a happy note.)

Finally, as if this wasn't bad enough, guess what? Not only do I get to take Sam back in July for another round of abuse, but Isabella also has her annual check-up scheduled in July. One thing's for sure - I'll be calling the doctor's office beforehand, and if Isabella is slotted to get shots during that visit, you can bet on the fact that Scott WILL be there. She's old enough to blame me for all of it and I just know that I can't walk around and function with that kind of guilt on my shoulders.

0 comments: