Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun, but hectic

I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but once again it did. You see Scott and I had fantasies about how laid back this last weekend was going to be, but things didn't quite work out as we had expected (as they seldom do) and it turned out to be another crazy busy weekend for the Butler clan.

Friday night my mom kept the kids and Scott and I were giddy to get to the movies to see this:

The Hangover was hilarious! I do not lie when I tell you that I am still laughing. It's definitely not for everyone, but it was perfectly made for us. My cheeks were literally in pain by the time we left the movie theater.

Saturday involved putting the finishing touches on our brand new patio. Sing it with me people:
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Halle-lu-jah! It is done and it is awesome! We love that it looks very rustic and that it is so much bigger than what we previously had, but most of all we love that we did it ourselves. I'll post some pictures soon. Then we went to our friend Brooke's second birthday party at the Lictherman Nature Center. And after that my parents invited us over for a little swimming and dinner. Needless to say we were exhausted and pretty much crashed as soon as we got home.

On Sunday afternoon we celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday at our place. Lots of yummy food, good cake and great conversation.

I only had 6 candles,... one for every decade I guess.

Taken right after the kids had decided to cool off with the sprinkler in the backyard.

Oh how I love our crazy family gatherings!

0 comments: