Monday, July 27, 2009

Mishmash

mishmash
-noun
a confused mess; hodgepodge; jumble.
**********************************

Okay, so I've actually started this post like three times, but I can't seem to get it to come together in a somewhat cohesive manner, at all. So I give up. But I must warn you that this might just be the weirdest, most unorganized post I've ever written. A mishmash of information, if I may. Anyway, here we go.

Last week consisted of:
  • one sick kid (Sam woke up at 4:45am with a pretty bad Summer cold the morning after the birthday party ~ Joy!)
  • replacing our over-the-range microwave,... twice!
Yeah, so here's the story: For Isabella's carnival I searched high and lo for big "wholesale" bags of popcorn, but was unsuccessful in finding any. So I bought a 24 pack of microwaveable popcorn and got popping. First of all, our over-the-range microwave was easy 10+ years old (and in all honesty we think the + was a pretty high number). Secondly, it was SO old that it took it 4:30 minutes to properly pop a bag of popcorn. Lastly, did I mention I bought a 24 pack of microwaveable popcorn? OK people, so let's do the math together:

24 bags x 4:30min/each x 1 old microwave = instant death

Yes, our microwave died. On the day of the party. So we went to Lowe's that afternoon and purchased a new, much needed microwave. Scott quickly got to work on installing it only to find out that it had a defective vent. So, down it went, back into the box and back to Lowe's to be exchanged. Scott then installed the new microwave (AGAIN!) and after testing the vent, immediately popped a bag of popcorn (gutsy, isn't it?), in less than 1:30 minutes (sweet!).
  • witnessing my brother and sister-in-law renewing their marital vows

  • Isabella's actual birthday
Yep, that's a chocolate donut (her choice) with 4 candles.
I was too tired to give the cake pops another try last week,
but I promise I will make them one of the days and I will post pictures.
  • a trip to the doctor for a 4 year old check-up
(no shots = a happy girl,...and a happy mommy)
  • a trip to the Botanic Gardens with the family to feed the fish

and the ducks and the geese

and a swan.


  • and a zoo visit with some friends.
Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it.

With the stress of Isabella's birthday party last weekend and an equally busy last week, we decided this weekend was for nothing but vegging out. Well, truth be told that was Scott's decision. You know, after he convinced me that having a yard sale on Saturday was definitely NOT a good idea. We needed the rest and the downtime and I'm so glad the weekend was as laid back as it was.

Luckily, this week promises to be pretty quiet. Especially since the forecast for the next ten days looks a little something like this:

Scattered T-Storms

And I'm just fine with that,... for now anyway.

0 comments: