Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another month bites the dust

Fist of all, I cannot for the life of me believe that it is already November. It seems like October came and went and I'm left with nothing but a blur. I don't know what it is, but time is just flying by at the speed of light and I'm foolishly and unsuccessfully trying to hold on.

Let's see... oh yeah, so life got in the way of our plans, as it often does, making our Halloween festivities not quite as fun as we were anticipating. Right when I was getting Isabella, or should I say Tinkerbell, dressed and ready Sam came up to me and pretty much collapsed on my lap. What was so very odd was that just minutes earlier he was being his active and chatty self while eating a Kit Kat. In a matter of a few minutes he went from being his joyful self to being lethargic, running a high fever, and vomiting. Let's just say Saturday night was a very LONG night and daylight savings did absolutely nothing for us.

So anyway Scott took Isabella out to trick or treat and to my mom's church harvest festival afterward while Sam and I cuddled on the sofa for hours. But you know I just had to take a few pictures before they embarked on their adventure. Can you tell how excited she was?

TinkerbellIsabella & her friend Madison
This is what our sweet boy did all night,
except it was me he was cuddling (and vomiting) on.
Isabella & her crazy Tata
He finally ate and drank something at around 10:30pm
On Sunday morning his fever was even higher so I called his pediatrician's office and made an appointment to have him seen that afternoon. For some reason I was totally expecting to hear that he had the H1N1 virus. I just knew they would say it and I was dreading hearing it.

Luckily he tested negative for the flu as well as for strep. He did however have a viral infection so not much could be done for him, except making sure he was hydrated and rested and use Tylenol and Motrin to help manage the pain.

By Sunday night he was starting to act like himself running around and yelling and laughing. And on Monday there was very little trace of the terrible virus that totally knocked him out on Saturday. Don't you just love how incredibly resilient children are? Heaven knows if it would've been me my throat would most likely still be on fire.

OK, so back to it being November, which again let me just say is CRAZY! This months presents itself with a whole new set of challenges for me/us. It's going to be a very busy month indeed. I'm teaching two scrapbook layout classes this month as well as participating in two craft shows. And in the midst of it all I have to find the time to decorate our house and put up our Christmas tree before Thanksgiving (which BTW, we are also hosting). To say I'm feeling a bit of pressure right about now is a huge understatement. But somehow it will all get done... right?! Please say yes!

1 comments:

Quilly Nilly said...

Yes, you can get it done! And I cannot believe how fast time is going, I just realized today that Thanksgiving is only 3 weeks away, then a few weeks later Christmas; it's almost New Years. Ahhhhhhh!