Monday, February 22, 2010

For Today - February 22

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window... it's late so it's very cold, dark and quiet.

I am thinking... about all the tasks on my To-Do list; create two pages for display at Eclectica, three layouts for a class next week, four layouts for a class the following week, make Sam's birthday party invitations, clean and organize the house and get serious about my decluttering goals for this year.

I am thankful for...
the fact that other than church, there is absolutely nothing on the calendar for this coming weekend and we are more than happy to keep it that way. It seems we've been GO GO GO around here lately and we most certainly welcome a much needed break.

From the kitchen...
delicious spaghetti and meatballs (thanks, Christie!) followed by decadent frosted homemade brownies (made at home from a box of course, hence the homemade reference).

I am wearing...
a lilac shirt, jeans and socks, and for some reason I am really cold right now.

I am creating...
scrapbook pages of my most favorite subjects in the world ~ my children.

I am going...
to what I hope will be a fantastic parenting class at church on Wednesday. Our associate pastor, Eli Morris, will be the speaker and I totally adore him. I am really looking forward to it.

I am reading...
Queen Takes King by Gigi Levangie Graze, and it's just okay, so it feels like it's taken me forever to get through it. I'm thinking a trip to the library is in order. I am oh so ready to dive into a REALLY good book. Any suggestions?

I am hoping...
that everything is OK with our dog Copper. We're not exactly sure what the problem is, but he was whining when he came in from going potty. It could have been something Mick did (our other dog, who is much bigger and more rambunctious than Copper). He has been with us for so long, he is definitely a beloved part of our family and we are all very worried.

I am hearing...
absolutely nothing and relishing every second of it.

Around the house...
all is quiet. The kids are sleeping and Scott is on his computer. Very peaceful, actually!

One of my favorite things... watching Isabella "grow" right before my very eyes every single day (she is so amazing), and Sam's awesome lip-smacking kisses (he is such a lover).

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a lot of cleaning, a lot of laundry, a lot of creating, and if the weather is nice this weekend, a whole lot of playing outside.

A picture to share....

My beautiful princess about to indulge in a ginormous cupcake
courtesy of my dear friend Pam Boone.

0 comments: