2. But if you know me, like really know me, then you know it's my tendency to shut down when "stuff" happens. Not the good kind of stuff. But the undesirable kind of stuff life tends to throw at us every now and then. We're currently dealing with some personal "undesirable stuff" right now. Everything will be OK. This I know, for the Bible tells me so. We're just right smack in the middle of the painful and not so fun getting-through-it stage right now.
3. But it's not all bad. We have been very blessed with some REALLY good things lately as well. Things that we have been working on for a very long time have finally come to fruition. And we are so happy. And free!
4. My reading obsession is still going strong. I'm currently reading, and totally into, Still Missing by Chevy Stevens, which was recommended by my friend Ellen. For whatever reason, I keep landing on these dark, intense, and emotional reads. But they have been great. I highly recommend: The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain, The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf, and Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock.
5. Speaking of books, have you ever read the book from which I borrowed my post title, I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb? I read it as soon as Oprah selected it for her book club. Back in 1998. It's phenomenal. Again, not lighthearted AT ALL, but a wonderful book never the less. And if you like it, you may want to read She's Come Undone, also by Wally Lamb. I loved that one too!
6. I am determined to get all of my Christmas shopping done before December 1st this year. All of it! I've made this declaration before. And it has not always been met with the highest degree of success. But this year will be different! I just know it will.
7. I've lost a total of 11 lbs since starting Weight Watchers. I feel like the pounds are literally c r a w l i n g off me with slug-like speed. But motivation is definitely not at all time high these days, and since it's a loss, I think I'll go ahead and take it without too much complaining.
8. I am really looking forward to visiting my brother for Thanksgiving and celebrating our parents' 40th anniversary. All of us. Together. I can't wait!
9. Isabella's love affair with soccer is over. She says she has to run too much and it sucks up all her energy. That girl cracks me up! Anyway, she's ready to move on to something new. We gave her the option of trying gymnastics or art next. Without any hesitation, she chose art. We're looking into some classes. I wonder how she'll like art when it's in a more structured environment.
10. Sam's talking has really taken off here lately. And he says the cutest things. Things like: "No me know how" instead of "I don't know how", which makes me laugh every single time.