1. I should probably start by letting you know that I've been in a HUGE funk lately, just feeling a seriously bad case of the blahs. But I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon. At least I hope I will. So anyway, I'm going to try to keep this as light and happy as possible... no need to go all Debbie Downer on you guys.
2. Last week was Spring Break for both the local city and county schools. Which lucky for us, meant both Isabella and Sam were off at the same time. This is not always the case around here. So, in true Butler fashion, we managed to cram lots of fun stuff into our week together.
3. We kicked off our Spring Break week by celebrating Sam's birthday...
OK, so I am clearly mourning the fact that we no longer have a tiny itty bitty baby in the house. Anyway, birthdays means presents. And as you probably figured out from his birthday post, his mommy and daddy got him a battery-operated four wheeler. And yes, the boy is in heaven... and so is his sister, who's apparently now become the spokesperson for "sharing"!
4. OK, so I just tried to upload a couple more photos to go with this post, and apparently I have used up all the free space they provide you when you start a blog. Huh? Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? What did you do? Do you purchase additional space? HELP!
(BTW, pictures to come once I figure out this blog issue.)
5. It was a bit cool at the beginning of the week, so we decided to go bowling with our neighbors, Christie and Madison. Yes, there were bumper pads and ramps involved, but Isabella got herself a strike. And she was SO excited! I so wish I could share that photo with you. It is too cute!
6. Isabella got to go to Paint a Piece's Spring Break Camp, also with our neighbor. It was on Thursday from 10-1 and they got to tie-dye a t-shirt and paint a chip and dip bowl. She loved it and can't wait to go back again. Her and Madison are already scheming about all the workshops they plan to sign up for this coming summer.
7. On Friday, my mom and I took my niece, my nephew and my two kids to the park. They ran and played for hours. After that, we went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, more playtime and ice cream cones. They thought it was the BEST. DAY. EVER!!!
8. Last year we bought three Cherry Willow trees at Lowe's. Two of them are doing great and gave us beautiful blooms this year. The other one is dead. Luckily, not only had I kept their tags and the receipt, but we still had 7 days left on their 1 year warranty. So, we dug that bad boy up, took it to Lowe's and got our money back. YAY!
9. And then immediately turned around and spent that money (and then some) on new shrubs and plants for our backyard. It never ends....
10. Did I mention we had our new windows installed? We did! And we are in love! They are open ALL. THE. TIME! We just can't believe what we've been missing.