2. Last Saturday, I had the privilege of attending a 12 hour crop at Eclectica. From 10:00am to 10:00pm = Pure Bliss! I left for a few hours to attend Isabella's art show, but was there for the other 9 hours. I worked on my upcoming class, finished Sam's birthday invitations and created a few layouts. But mostly I talked. And got caught up with some friends. And laughed. A lot!
3. Our washer died a couple Sundays ago. Mid-load. Good times! Suddenly, all roads led to Lowe's...on our date night. Not exactly what we had in mind. One washer, one dryer and one dishwasher later, we left the store and headed for the movies. And yes, I realize we did not go in looking for a dishwasher. However, having to run it twice to clean our dishes is not exactly what I call energy efficient, so we decided to just bite the bullet and get a much needed new one as well.
4. Sam is doing a better job of sleeping in his room for most of the night and not coming into our room until about 5:00am. He is however, NOT doing a good job of listening. EVER! As my friend Katie from South Carolina would say, Sam is definitely "showing his butt" these days. And as his Puerto Rican mama, I would say he's certainly kicking mine!
5. Yesterday morning it was so hot and muggy, I sent Isabella to school in a short sleeve shirt and shorts. Thank goodness I told her to wear her jacket at the last minute, because of the rain. The temperature dropped so much and so quickly during the day, I felt terrible for her when it was time to pick her up. Mom of the year, baby! That's me!!!
6. I would love love LOVE to upgrade my camera to a Nikon D90 or a D7000. I'll have to make sure to get on Santa's nice list this year.
7. I've been reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and thoroughly enjoying every page of it. So much so, I'm taking my time with it and only reading when I know I'll have a quiet uninterrupted moment, which needless to say is not as often as I'd like. This book is sad and funny and heartbreaking and beautiful and so very different. I highly recommend it.
8. If you ask Sam how to spell his name, he will meticulously tell you it is spelled S * A * M. If you ask him what that spells, he will instantly tell you it spells Bubba. Oy vey!
9. I have a few projects I'm really excited to get to around the house and can't wait to share them with you soon. And they're BIG projects too! So stay tuned...
10. They believe they can fly:
I believe they can do anything they set their minds to :)
Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!