Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching Up!

OK, so it's confession time ~ I'm suffering from a pretty bad case of blogger's guilt right about now. Amazing really,... like I need one more thing to feel guilty about! Anyway, deep inside I know I really need to do a better job of making the time to update the blog on a more consistent basis. I'm not even taking pictures these days. It's pitiful and I'm sorry. That's all I can say. But I do promise to try much harder, I do,... I really, really do!
OK, I think I've done enough groveling for now.

We're slowly, but surely getting better around here. Isabella's almost back at 100% so that's definitely good news. Sam just started a different and stronger antibiotic for his sinus infection and seems to be responding much better to this one, finally. Scott and I are doing well,... really really tired, but well.

Scott's been having some car troubles lately and wanted to do some maintenance on it this weekend so on Saturday my parents and I took the kids (Isabella, Sam, my niece and nephew) with us to the park, out to eat pizza and then to Chuck E. Cheese. Yeah, does the word "insanity" come to mind? By the time I got home I literally thought I was on the verge of a major meltdown. Good heavens!

The cousins. At the park. On a very windy day.

Today was a crazy busy day for us. First thing this morning Isabella had her 6 month follow-up appointment with her dentist. The good news ~ she remains cavity free. The bad news ~ she decided to throw a fit of epic proportions right in the midst of her evaluation. I tell ya, good times were had by all. Afterward, I took her to dance. I keep forgetting to take pictures of these 3 and 4 year old beauties in their tiny ballet outfits. "Graceful" is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when these girls are performing, but they sure are adorable and I am anxiously awaiting their dance recital in May.

Also today was my Dad's much anticipated appointment at the cardiologist and it was a bit oh, I don't know, anti-climatic to be quite honest. You see, we already knew that his heart is in bad shape and our one and only priority right now is to have it fixed. And we already knew that we can't consider doing anything with the liver and kidneys until that gets done. So I guess in a way I left the office feeling like I wanted a little more from today.

One good thing about today's visit is that ever since my parents arrived my Dad's blood pressure has been out of control and quite high, and this doctor is taking a more aggressive approach with regards to his treatment. So hopefully once that is taken care of, then we can talk more concretely about some treatment options.

Alrighty then, I better get going. I have to finish up my Bible Study homework for tomorrow's session and then I have some serious vegging out to do for the rest of the night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how busy you must be right now...and I just want to let you know I'm thinking about ya!

Have a great day!

Lynn