Monday, October 26, 2009

Feliz Navidad

I love Christmas. Love it! I love the reason for the season. I love the Christmas Eve services at Hope. I love the decorations. I love all the fun gatherings with friends and family. I love Christmas music. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. I love the food... oh, how I love the food! I love my kids' excitement. And okay, I also love the presents. I think I thrive on the adrenaline of everything that goes on throughout the season I surely consider to be the most wonderful time of the year.

As busy and hectic as Christmas time can be, I am hardly ever stressed during the Holidays. I usually decorate right before Thanksgiving. I do a heck of a job staying away from the mall. And I do absolutely NO shopping on Black Friday (aka the Friday after Thanksgiving).

So why am I rambling on and on about Christmas when it's only the end of October? Well, when Eclectica asked me to do a Holiday Page layouts class this month I was more than happy to oblige. And since apparently I forgot to post pictures of the layouts and a few of you have asked to see what we created in class, I thought I'd indulge you with a little bit of Christmas spirit:

Disclaimer: all of the colors are actually much brighter IRL, I'm not sure why they look so washed out on the photos. Oh well...

O' Christmas Tree Single LO
I really do ♥ our Christmas tree.

Traditions Single LO
Butler household traditions: Building our Gingerbread House,
Visit to Alpine Village, Visiting Santa and Christmas Eve
matching PJ's for the kids


Christmas Morning Double Spread
I'm hoping to use these for this year's pictures.

So there you have it. These are the four pages we created in class. I hope you like them.

And since I'm so in the Christmas Spirit right now, please stop back tomorrow for a funny story and an even funnier picture of our attempt at getting the perfect Christmas card picture last year. Trust me, you won't want to miss it.

I don't know about you but now I'm definitely ready for some eggnog.

0 comments: