Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The long overdue return of weekly weigh-ins

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I (re)joined Weight Watchers a couple of Saturdays ago. My weigh-in day and time is still Saturday mornings, which I love. Last week was my first official week back on the program. I'm glad to report that it wasn't as tough as I had anticipated and I did a heck of a job resisting temptation. So, I had my first weigh-in this past Saturday and this is how it went down:

Pounds lost last week: 5.2 lbs
Total pounds lost: 5.2 lbs

YAY! Trust me when I tell you that I was beyond thrilled to start out so strong. I'm a realist and having battled my weight my entire life and having been in this program numerous times before, I know not to expect these results too often. But I'm definitely motivated to doing everything I can to kick these extra pounds to the curb.

So stay tuned for what will hopefully be some more good news this coming weekend. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

amy said...

That is awesome, Liz!! I am starting back as well. Yesterday was my first day and it went pretty good. I would LOVE to have the same results as you did for my first week! Way to go!!

Quilly Nilly said...

Liz, that's awesome; I rejoined a few weeks ago and had lost 7 lbs but after this past weeks vacation I gained so I have to buckle down again. Keep it up, look forward to seeing "less" of you at the next crop. hee hee.

Which WW meeting do you go to?