Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ten on Thursday ~ Vegas Edition

OK, so I realize I usually do a Ten on Tuesday, but I'm so behind on well, everything, that I figured this would have to do. Today's Ten on Thursday is ALL about Vegas.
For those of you who haven't heard, Scott surprised me with a weekend getaway to Las Vegas for our anniversary. This is HUGE, people! Scott's not one to normally do things like this. This is SO out of his comfort zone. But he planned everything. Down to the last detail. And it was AMAZING!


1. I am SO grateful to my parents, who were more than happy to keep the kids for the weekend, making sure they were where they needed to be at all times. Without them, this trip could not have happened.

2. This was our first getaway, just the two of us, since Isabella was born. Let me save you the trouble of doing the math ~  that is 5 1/2 years! Yep, other than the random night here and there the kids spend at my parents', this was the first time we were away from them. It was scary and exciting all at the same time! But mostly, we were excited.... as you can see here:

3. After begging and begging, Scott finally let me in on our destination about a week before our trip, but he made sure to keep everything else from me. Sneaky little one! Our flight was a smooth one. I finished reading Left Neglected and started These Things Hidden. We had a couple beverages and some complementary dog biscuits cookies. But my favorite part of the flight was the stunning view from my window:

4. So, even though I already knew where we were headed,

I had no idea where we were staying, until we got there... He booked us a suite at The Venetian Hotel! I've got three words for you: Oh! My! Goodness!
 

This place is luxurious and beautiful and glamorous and a bit of a dream come true.
In all honesty, I think Scott tried to kill two birds with one stone. He knows I dream of the day we travel through Italy and drink lots and lots wine in the Tuscan countryside. So maybe this was his way of giving me not only a weekend getaway, but also an exotic Venetian experience. Good try, Butler!

5. All of their rooms are beautiful suites. We stayed here:
 
 
6. After checking in, we decided it was time to go explore. These mega-hotels in Vegas are unbelievable. They make it so that you don't have to leave the hotel. Ever! The variety and number of restaurants and attractions and shops and shows. It was SO much fun!



7. Scott had given me the hotel's spa menu of services and told me to pick whatever I wanted. I picked an hour long deep tissue massage. I wish I could tell you it was the cat's meow, but unfortunately, I can't. It was actually torture. Apparently I live in a perpetual state of tension, and after over three years without a massage, it was evident I should have eased my way back in the massage world. Deep tissue was NOT the way to go. Deep tissue=PAIN! After a few days, I am now finally not hurting from that session.

8. We enjoyed a couple of these and they were DIVINE!
 
Yeah, that's all I have to say about that!

9. We went to see this show:
 
and really enjoyed it. I think I might have LOVED it had it not been the 10:00pm show. I was exhausted, and in pain (see #7).

10. Coming home and seeing the kids, now that was magical. They loved all the little Las Vegas souvenirs we brought back and can't wait for us to go on our next trip so they can stay and Grandma and Grandpa's place again. Huh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm even more jealous now!!!
Christie

Anonymous said...

The pics are gorgeous like usual. So happy for u guys!
Loyda

alison said...

las vegas??? i am BEYOND uber jealous right now. i think the venetian, coupled with blue man group, took my feelings right past regular ole jealousy. wow. scott did a fabulous job!!