2. Isabella is kicking some serious bootay when it comes to reading. And the best part is she actually enjoys it. Here she is with her first completed reading sticker chart, which gives her library access, which apparently is a HUGE deal for kindergartners:
This makes my ♥ so happy and we are very proud of her!
3. We've been doing A LOT of this lately...
and loving every minute of it!
I find that there is something so soothing about painting with water colors.
4. We had so much fun working on the kids' Valentine stuff this year, from decorating Isabella's "mail box", to getting all the cards and goody bags ready. Don't tell her I told you, but she was adamant her friend Luke got the goody bag with the sticker that said "I love you BEARY much!" He he he!
5. Even though we're actually pretty low key when it comes to Valentine's around here, I did get the kids a little something and some candy.
6. Sam's sleeping continues to be an issue. I broke down at Target the other day and bought him a Toy Story toddler bed because the second he spotted it he said: "Mama, I big boy don't cry on this bed!" Really, Sam? Really? So basically, what you're telling me is that if I buy you this bed, you will sleep in it ALL NIGHT LONG without crying? To which he replied: "Yes, Mama. Me sleep in big boy bed all night and me no cry! I big boy!" Maybe it was the fact that he sounded so convincing, or maybe it's the constant state of exhaustion I live in, or maybe it was that adorable little face of his I have such a hard time resisting, but I broke down and bought the bed.
I think it's safe to say that although there has been some improvement, the boy is definitely not living up to his end of the bargain. Thank goodness for the fact that the bed was on clearance!
8. I recently told Scott that even though it's ridiculously expensive, before we move from Memphis, we HAVE to go to Graceland to see where Elvis once lived. It would be crazy not to,... people fly from all over the world just to see it, and we have it right in our backyard. I can't tell you he agreed with me. But, apparently I am going to Graceland after all. Every year local residents are chosen and given complimentary tickets to visit Graceland. Well, as luck would have it, it appears this is my year. When I told Scott about it, he said he had no interest. So, I will be taking my complimentary Platinum Tour ticket and playing tourist really soon! And I'm actually really excited!
and she LOVED it!
10. I am in desperate need of some seriously strong coffee this morning!