Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I also can't believe I just used one of my ten points to state this obvious fact. Oh well...

2. Scott's been sick, Sam's been sick, I've been sick. Yeah, I think it's safe to say we're all sick of being sick.

3. I'm not sure if it's his age or a stage he's going through or his way of driving me to my grave much earlier that I had hoped for, but Sam's going through something AWFUL! He doesn't want to go to school and cries screams hysterically every single time I drop him off. He doesn't want to stay in the church nursery, and cries screams hysterically every single time we drop him off. He doesn't want to sleep in his room, by himself with the lights off, or on, and goes BONKERS, unless Scott or I stay with him or take him to bed with us. We've tried the "let him cry it out" approach, but this is one tenacious boy! People, you may not know this about me, but I love sleep. And more importantly, I need sleep to function. And I'm not getting any. And I am beyond tired. And this is driving me crazy.

4. In January I set a goal to read 35 books in 2011. I recently finished Slave, by Mende Nazer, a few days ago. This autobiographical account of a young girl taken from her family and sold into modern day slavery is a truly empowering story about an unbelievably brave survivor. It is definitely a must read for everyone! In one word, it is AMAZING! I'm currently reading Left Neglected by Lisa Genova, and thoroughly enjoying it. I loved her first book, Still Alice, so diving into her latest book was a no-brainer for me.  I've recently connected with a few people on Goodreads and am so excited about all the fabulous book recommendations I'm getting. I don't know about you, but I need to have an ongoing list of books waiting for me to pick up at all times. Hey Rachel, what are you waiting for?

5. Scott got me the book Slave for Christmas. It's been months since I've read an actual book (ever since I received a nook as a gift from my in-laws back in July). I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I found myself pressing on the paper to turn the pages. Ha Ha! Ridiculous, I know! Have I told you how much I love my nook?

6. Isabella started art classes a couple weekends ago and she totally LOVES it! The classes are geared toward 5-7 year olds and they cut, paste, paint, color, and do all other kinds of fun artsy things. We're already looking into when the next session will begin since we're pretty sure she'll be begging us to sign her up.

7. I've been doing Becky Higgins' Project Life this year (you can read more about it here) and I'm proud to say that I've not only stuck with it for the last four weeks, but I am truly enjoying the process of documenting all the little things that make our life, well... ours! I'll be sure to share some of my pages soon.

8. I'm also participating in Willette's free Joy of Love photography class,which started today. I'm excited about learning fun tips and tricks to better my photography. Hopefully my children, husband and pets will be willing participants in this little endeavor of mine.

9. Have you heard? The Packers, NOT the Bears, are going to the Super Bowl! Yes, us Butlers live in a divided house. Glad I got the last laugh on this one. GO PACKERS!!!

10. Tomorrow is our 9 year wedding anniversary. Nine years... Wow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've all been sick too. I'm so over it.