Thursday, October 20, 2011

A visit to the pumpkin patch

Like I mentioned in my previous post, we took our annual pumpkin patch road trip down to Cedar Hill Farms a couple of weekends ago.


I think this is our third visit to Cedar Hill Farms, and we absolutely love it! 
There is SO much for the kids to do.


As soon as we got there, in true Isabella fashion, she took her time and 
was rather methodical in picking the perfect little pumpkin.

Sam on the other hand, decided his time was better spent climbing as high as he could.

From there, we moved on to face painting. 
I gave you a little taste of what that looked like. 
BTW, if anyone is in the market for a face painter you may want to consider using Ms. Pickles. We hired her for Sam's first birthday party and for Isabella's Carnival birthday. She is super nice, talented, affordable, and a HUGE hit with the kids. We would definitely use her again! So call or e-mail me if you'd like her contact info.


I just had to share this one with you guys since it totally cracks me up!

The pony rides are one of the highlights of the visit for the kids. 
They actually rode them three times!
Isabella is an old pro when it comes to the pony rides.
But this was the first year Sam rode them all by himself. 
And apparently I neglected to take a photo of it. 
Oops!
He is such a big boy!

Taking a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch wreaked some serious havoc on my sinuses was super fun! The kids love all the open spaces they have to run wild in, and Scott and I love watching them exhaust enjoy themselves.


Again, Isabella took her time examining all the pumpkins at the patch 
and making sure she was picking the "perfect" one.

Sam literally picked up the first one he came across and called it a day.
And he was oh SO proud!

In addition to all of this we fed the farm animals, watched the pigs race, the kids played in the maze and a couple of the playgrounds, we ate some yummy fudge, and we stocked up on pumpkins and gourds.

I think I speak for both Scott and I when I say that our annual visit to Cedar Hill Farms has definitely turned into one of our favorite Fall traditions!

You can read about some of our previous visits here and here.

3 comments:

TLF said...

So, so cute!! We've never been but John Noah has a field trip there on Monday. I'm so bummed that I can't make it. :-(

Quilly Nilly said...

We may have to check it out, looks like a blast. Love their face paintings and Sam with his PEACE sign; too funny

Rachel said...

Ah, the difference between boys and girls! Love those beautiful kids.