Saturday, August 14, 2010

Old Friends, Good Times

Remember my dear friend Celimar? I first introduced her to you on this post. Well, so much has happened since our fun visit back in 2008.

For starters, she just graduated with her master's degree from the University of Arizona. She is such a smarty pants, lemme tell ya! In addition, she is now a married woman. GASP! I know, I know. Our little girl is seriously ALL grown up. Her husband, who we shall call Luis, because well,... that is his name, is in the ARMY and proudly serving our country in the Middle East, but in the process of coming home soon. Hopefully by the end of this month. Which means, that Celi is now an Army Wife/dependant/sponsored (lol, I do this just to bug her, since she's SO independent).

Anyway, Celi recruited her little brother Cesar to help her move from Arizona to North Carolina. I guess all Cesar heard was ROAD TRIP, so he eagerly signed up for the adventure. He flew in from Puerto Rico and got right to work. They mapped out their route, added some awesome sight seeing along the way, and included a stop in Memphis to see us. Needless to say, we were thrilled to have them come by for a visit. After long hours of driving, they welcomed a nice little break.

On a trolley ride ~ downtown Memphis.

It was so much fun catching up with these two kids young adults, whom I had babysat for years, beginning with their infant days. The last time I saw Cesar was at our wedding, over 8 years ago, and now he's a college junior. Geez! Time flies, let me tell you!

Our kids especially loved having them here,... two more people in the house to cater to their every whim and desire. There were a lot of "will you play with me?" requests made during their stay. We had a great time doing a little sight seeing and a whole lot of talking, eating and relaxing.

 
A photo before they left, taken by Isabella.

Thanks for including us in your cross country journey, guys. 
It was awesome seeing you and spending some quality time together.

We love you!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love ALL of you too! Thank you so much for housing us and giving us some love on this long journey! GRACIAS and can't wait to see you again!

PS. Thanks for letting me b*tch about my sponsorship or whatever it's called this week!
Celi