Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Summer's Last Hurrah

A few weeks ago, while at a play date, my friend Danyelle and I started "talking" about maybe going away to the beach for a few days. You know, since with the oil spill Gulf Shores is like a ghost town and all. And since her mother in law's condo was available and all. And since the kids would all be starting school in a few weeks and all. And since all of our kids have been begging to go to the beach and all. And since both of our husbands work such long hours and all.

So we looked at our calendars, agreed on some dates, called our husbands, and booked it. SOLD! So off to Gulf Shores we embarked, her and I and our four children. This could have gone either way: either a very, very fun trip or a very, very bad disaster. Lucky for us (and the children), it was the former. We had a great time! Isabella and Hudson had a ball spending SO much time together and Sam took to Addisyn like fish takes to water. Addy is one of his most favorite people in the whole world.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures:

We tried going to the beach. But it wasn't long before Danyelle and I decided to cut our losses and hit the condo's pool instead. You could see the oil in the water and the smell was pretty bad. So so sad! We did however capture a few shots of the kids while we were there:

 

Luckily, the kids didn't necessarily want to play in the water, they mostly wanted to play with sand. So we took care of that not once, but twice, by visiting some fun local family restaurants:
 
Call me crazy, but I think she likes him. Maybe,.. just a little?

Is there a better combination than sand AND suds?
They think not!

We also went to Lulu's, which is Jimmy Buffet's sister's restaurant...
where Sam was once again able to fulfill his sand+water obsession.
Putting this one in the car was a fun challenge!

Every morning the boys woke up looking like this:
 
Ha Ha! Look at those handsome boys and their crazy hair!

We went out for ice cream:
We visited the shark store and got some fun souvenirs:

We even went to the outlet mall, where I spent entirely too much money on Crocs for the kids.

But I especially would like to thank Danyelle, who apparently taught the kids how to make silly faces for the camera while I was at the store, for these here gems. This is what I got whenever I asked Sam to look at the camera:
 Yeah,... Every. Single. Time!
Nice!

Thanks, Danyelle for inviting us on such an awesome adventure. I had a great time and I know the kids LOVED it. You guys are great travel buddies and I hope we can do it again!

And remember, we'll always have New Orleans ;)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing! But none of the mommy pictures?

Glad you had fun!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I love the blog!!! I laughed so hard at those pics at Sam, so so sorry for the new things I taught them LOL!! Love the pics I will have to get some of those from ya!! We love y'all!!!!!!
Danyelle