Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the Everyday Grind

Well, effective today we're officially back to "normal", or some semblance of it, in the Butler household.

Isabella's first day back at preschool is today and tomorrow she returns to dance classes after the Holiday break. My Spring Bible Study does not start back until next Wednesday, and I can't wait, but we do have a play date with the Yoders scheduled for this Wednesday. So we're back to our busy, but fun weeks.

*****

Although I've already stated my opinion on New Year's resolutions, and have chosen instead to focus on SIMPLIFYING our lives in 2009, there are certain things that I'd like to do this year.

One of them is to get back to scrapbooking. I honestly cannot remember the last time I sat down to scrapbook. Well, that's not entirely true since Sam's first year album is up to date, but that's more "mechanical" than it is creative since I'm following the same formula month after month. It's just that it seems like making the time these days is almost impossible. So, it appears I'm going to have to get creative with my time in order to squeeze it in somehow.

Also, there are some house projects that I've been wanting to tackle for some time now and I'm thinking this will definitely be the year. Some things will HAVE to get done before Sam's birthday party in March so that might just be the motivation I need to get myself in gear. Hmm,... I smell an OPAM coming on. Stay tuned!

*****

OK, let me just start this section by saying that it's been three whole weeks since my last weigh-in and I've been bad,... really, really bad. WOW! I totally feel like I'm back in private school during one of our mandatory confessions. Oooh, how I hated those. Remind me to to tell you about them one of these days. Anyway I digress, I'm happy to report that as "bad" as I was during the Holidays with regards to WW, I'm still committed to the program and I did go in this last Saturday for a MUCH dreaded weigh-in. Without further ado:

Pounds lost since last weigh-in: .8 lbs
Total lost: 25.2 lbs

Now my dear friends, if this here isn't a Christmas miracle then I just don't know what is. Somehow I managed to lose .8 pounds in the last three weeks and reach a pretty exciting goal of 25 pounds lost. YAY!!! Let's just hope the other shoe doesn't drop next week with an astronomical gain.

So now what, you ask? Well, let's just say that not only am I getting back on the wagon, but I'm super gluing my behind to the wagon and steering the heck out of it.

*****

Our Christmas decorations are still up and will probably not come down until the weekend (of course if it were up to me they'd be year round). Tonight is a very special evening for us. You see, we're expecting a visit from the Three Kings (or the Three Wise Men ) who visited Jesus shortly after he was born.


This is one of my favorite Latin traditions, specially when I was a kid, and I'm so excited to celebrate it with my children. We get to go out and collect some "grass" to put in a box for the camels to eat while the Three Kings come in and leave us a little something. Growing up we would place the box under our beds and the camels would eat some of the grass (they were very messy eaters, let me tall ya), but since we live in a two story home and it would be quite the daunting task for the camels to go upstairs quietly we leave our box under our Christmas tree. This isn't big presents like the ones usually exchanged during Christmas, these are smaller gifts, much like the ones they took to Jesus. So tonight we'll collect our grass, read the story about the Three Kings who found Jesus and brought him gifts and go to bed filled with excitement and anticipation. I mean seriously, can you stand it?

*****

Finally, I should have an official update on my Daddy later this week. Some things have transpired in the last few weeks, but the moment of truth and decision time will likely take place this week so I'll make sure and keep you all posted. Please keep them prayers coming.

Until next time!

0 comments: