Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Masochism defined

The following are a few definitions for the word "masochist" that I found online tonight.

masochist

mas·och·ist\-kist\ noun
1: Someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment
2: Pleasure in being abused or dominated : a taste for suffering
3:
A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences

and I'd like to add this last one for your reference as it pertains to this specific post:

4: Someone who was apprehensive when they initially purchased MoonSand for their child, but yet goes out and buys more,... a whole new set with new molds and three different bright colors of sand

For some reason I'm feeling the need to follow this with an in depth definition of insanity.

Seriously, what was I thinking? Already half of the sand from her first set has been swept or vacuumed off the floor. And here I go today and buy her a new set with not one color of sand, but three. Well, as you can imagine by the time she was done playing all four different color sands were mixed together into a crazy technicolor mess and she's loved every little bit of it. Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking.


This child LOVES her MoonSand and seeing this expression on her face every single time she plays with it brings me such joy, who cares about the temporary mess? Besides, she has gotten quite competent at handling the handheld vacuum and cleaning up her sandy mess herself.

And speaking of things that bring me such joy to my heart, here's Sammy!

I just LOVE that face and that smile and those cute little teeth and those adorable eyes and that snotty nose and them rolls on his neck and well,... I think you get the point. I just wanna spread him on a cracker and eat him right up.

0 comments: