Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Randomness Galore

So much has been going on around these parts lately, I honestly don't even know where to start. So please bear with me while I get all of my disorganized and random thoughts out. OK, here we go:

Sick Kiddos:
It has been just LOADS of fun around here with not one, but two sick kids.

Sam had a terrible virus that lasted all weekend long: vomiting, unbelievably high temperatures, aches and pains, non-stop whining, no appetite, crabbiness, not sleeping. And just for fun throw in a little lots of teething action, cause you know,... I wasn't going crazy enough already.

Isabella woke up yesterday morning with red eyes filled with gunk, so of course my first thought is "Great! She has pinkeye!"

We went to see my BFF yesterday (aka their pediatrician). Apparently with regards to Sam, the good news and the bad news were one in the same: he does not have strepp throat. It's good because strepp can be very dangerous for little ones, but it's bad because what he has is a virus that can't really be treated. Dr. Senter is optimistic that the worse part is over and that he is well on his way to recovery. Isabella on the other hand does not have pinkeye (YEAH!), but she does have a terrible sinus infection which we are currently treating with antibiotics.

I am happy to report that the entire family slept all night last night and that both of the kids are pretty much acting like themselves today.

They grow up so fast:
You have them in your home and do the best you can for them while they're under your roof, so that hopefully when it comes the time for them to spread their wings and fly they are well adapted individuals who can contribute to society. What in the world am I talking about, you ask?

Well, these two youngsters have gotten an apartment and moved out, on their own. Although my Dad is doing great after his heart surgery and we're still waiting another six weeks to start re-testing for transplant eligibility, they felt it was time for them to make a more "permanent" decision as to what their next move would be. So, for the time being that decision is staying in Memphis for at least a year and seeing what happens. And I couldn't be happier!

Flower Power:
Many of you might be sick of hearing about my love for Spring and all the beautiful flowers it brings with it. You're also probably hoping that I don't go on and on about the pretty spring flowers in our backyard, but you know what ~ I can't help it! And neither could you if you walked out into your yard one morning to find this:

Oh. My. Gosh!

Irises! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe them. They are huge and beautiful and purple and majestic and breathtaking. And they are mine to admire whenever I want, which just happens to be quite often. I mean seriously, wouldn't you?

Release:
Well, with all that's been going on I decided that I really needed to find some sort of release before my head exploded. And with the economy being they way it is and alcohol and tobacco being so darn expensive, I was left with no other choice than to once again turn to my beloved hobby: Scrapbooking. I've been creating in my spare time (lol) and I can't wait to share some of my recent pages. But that will have to wait. Time is precious and I have two napping kids so I better take advantage of this, get going and do something productive,... you know like catch up on my DVR shows.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW!!!! Se van a quedar!!!! Aunque los extraño muchísimo, lo mas seguro que esten mejor alla, para ver que le dicen los medicos a tio. Pero oye.....ustedes contentos, pero nosotros no. Pero me alegro que esten bien. Y tambien espero que los nenes se sientan mejor pronto. Y ahora te voy a dejar, ya que Koral tambien esta durmiendo para ver si lavo ropa. Los quiero!!!