Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Yes, it's 5:00am and I'm sitting at the computer catching up on the blog, Facebook and e-mail. I wish I could say that I have decided to wake up earlier in order to get more done, but unfortunately that is so NOT the case. I was unexpectedly woken up at 4:00am this morning by a terrible allergy attack, and the worse part is that even though I immediately got up and self-medicated I was unable to fall asleep afterward. So here I am. Sitting at the computer at this ungodly hour. With my box of tissue right next to me. Seriously dreading the day ahead of me.

But moving on to happier things, we did have a wonderfully fun Labor Day weekend. Although it seems like we did a whole lot, Scott and I were able to spend quite a bit of time relaxing and talking and hanging out.

FRIDAY:

This was crop night, baby! Scott kept the kids and my mom and I went to my LSS and spent 6+ hours there talking and laughing with fabulous women who share our passion for crafting. We made such pretty things ~ my mom of course focused on her jewelry and I worked on some scrapbook pages. Well, I only completed three to be exact, but I'll post some pictures of them soon.

Also, I'm sorting through some ideas about some crafts I can make to sell since we're thinking about possibly signing up for some local craft shows in the next couple of months. I'll keep ya posted!

SATURDAY:

We all slept in, thank goodness, went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then set up the kids' inflatable pool in the backyard. While they played and splashed and giggled and fought, Scott and I sat on the patio and relaxed. It was so nice!

In the evening we went to our friends' house for dinner. Isabella and Hudson got to play for hours. Can I just tell you how much we adore the Tolls? We had such an awesome time!

Batman & Batgirl saving the world with their
super cuteness:

SUNDAY:

We went to church in the morning immediately followed by lunch and naps and then the biggie: a trip to the Delta Fair with our friends the Wessons. Why is this such a big event, you ask? Well, for starters Scott had never been to the fair. The people watching and yummy/crappy food alone are plenty good reasons to go, in my opinion.

Meet Chris. He is what I consider a fair food connoisseur.
The kids and I had a great time. Scott however believes that experiencing the fair once is good enough and that there really is no reason to go back ever again in the future. I think the children beg to differ:

#1 Loved:

Funnel Cakes! Mmm, yummy!

The rides:

Well,... maybe not this particular ride:
Thanks for being there for her, Hannah!

And the ridiculously underwhelming prizes you got
at the ridiculously overpriced games:

#2 Loved:

Pronto Pups (aka Corn dogs).

And the one and only ride he was able to get on:
Yeah, I don't know if you realize this or not, but those kids rides are some pretty tight quarters. Also, I don't know if you realize this or not, but I'm not exactly what you would consider a petite person. Sam didn't actually meet the height requirements to ride the train all by himself so I had to stuff myself into it with him and Isabella. You know those biscuits that are pressure packed into a tube and when you twist it to open they just kind of explode? Yep, that was me on the train. Not a pretty sight, my friends. So glad you missed it! Anyhoo, this finally leads me to...

MONDAY:

So the kids allowed us to sleep in until about 8:45am (yay!) and we just vegged around the house until it was time to go over to my mom's to celebrate my brother's 30th birthday.

Happy Birthday, Chris!

I baked him a yummy chocolate chip cake and my mom made dinner and we ate and talked and laughed for a good while before calling it a night.

So there you have it. Labor Day weekend consisted of lots of fun activities, lots of time spent with friends and family, lots of rest and lots of laughs. And seriously, I couldn't have asked for anything more!

0 comments: