Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Adorable Artists, Festival Fun & Bubble Bath

I know I'm a bit behind, but I wanted to share some of the highlights of our fun weekend. It all started last Friday when on the spur of the moment I did something I don't normally do (and for good reason),.. I set the kids up with their very own canvas, paint brush and paint and had them go to town. For about 45 minutes they enjoyed being busy little artists and they loved every minute of it. Although initially they had 7 different colors to work with, they managed to turn it into a huge supply of muddy brown paint in no time.

All in all, Isabella was pretty neat about the whole thing. Sam on the other hand, I had to strip him down to nothing and wash him from head to toe in the utility sink in our garage when it was all said and done. They sure did have a great time creating beautiful art. And you know I just love these moments!

On Saturday my Mom, Isabella and I got to enjoy some wonderful girl time. We went to the Germantown Craft Fair in the morning, walked around for hours and looked at tons of beautiful merchandise. Of course Isabella had herself a lovely time what with the face painting, sugar/candy, spin art and riding the 1940's rides I previously blogged about here.

That, my friends, is sugar in a test tube. Lovely!
Oh, and check out her brand new bracelet.
I tend to do a lot more looking than shopping at these events, mostly because I find a lot of the merchandise to be a bit overpriced. However, this time around I left the festival with a beautiful jeweled cross painting on canvas. I spotted them on our way in and loved them so much that I had to find them on our way out. So tell me, what do you think?

Aren't they gorgeous?
I bought the one on the right hand corner. I ♥ it!

Sunday morning we went to church and then came home for lunch. After nap (which I gladly decided to partake in) we went out for some ice cream and then went to the park to play for a while. Being that it was a nice cool cloudy day, letting them run around outside and get nice and tired seemed like a good idea.

So what better way to end such a fun weekend than with a little pampering? For the first time ever Sam and Isabella took a nice long bubble bath in our tub. For them being in Mommy & Daddy's tub was such a BIG deal and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Although both of them were in the tub, Isabella was too busy playing to pay me any attention whatsoever so I leave you with pictures of Sam, who laughed so hard when his Daddy blew bubbles his way that he ended up with the hiccups. I posted a preview of his awesome bath experience in yesterday's blog post.

I hope you have a happy Tuesday!

0 comments: