Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lately

First of all, I have to say that I cannot for the life of me believe that it is already September. Seriously! Why is it that so often it feels like the days totally drag on forever, but then you look back and realize that the months and years are flying by at an insane speed? Crazy, I tell ya.

Anyway, where to start? OK, so last Friday I got a phone call from my mom telling me that Maria (my SIL), Scott and I just HAD to go to the movies and she would keep the kids at our place. Hmm, OK! Apparently since my brother was at an overnight men's retreat for his church and my dad was taking my nephew to see GI Joe, she thought the other adults would enjoy a night out, sans kids. She is such a wise woman.

So once we got to the theater my SIL and I happily went to see The Time Traveler's Wife while Scott went to see District 9. Unfortunately neither one of us loved our respective movie, which is somewhat of a bummer. All I can say is thank goodness we didn't have to pay the sitter.

Once we got home the girls begged and pleaded and then begged some more for a sleep over. So these two ended up spending the night at our place laughing and giggling and doing pretty much everything but sleeping until the wee hours of the night.


On Sunday, being that it was such a beautiful day, Isabella and I decided that we had to take Daddy and Sam to check out the new My Big Backyard at the Botanic Gardens. So off we went after church and and a yummy lunch at Chili's. We had the best time! The kids ran and explored and played and Scott and I even got a chance to sit down and enjoy ourselves.

Note to self:
Next time bring a change of clothes in case THIS happens again.

Unfortunately, I had to visit the dentist today to have an old filling removed and a new one put in. Yeah, have I ever told you how scared I am of the dentist? I am! Petrified! I always put on a brave front in front of my children because I don't want them growing up with the same ridiculous phobia I have. But in reality deep inside I am laying on the floor in the fetal position with my thumb in my mouth, shaking and crying and wishing I were having a lobotomy done instead.
I must confess however that today I gladly dished out the $30 not covered by our insurance for a nice little breathing treatment of nitrous oxide. Honestly, I didn't feel as anxious while I was on the chair as I did when I first got there, so I think it worked. I wish they gave me something for the pain afterward though. Right now I'm feeling like someone punched me right square in the jaw. It hurts! Oh well, I'm sure I'll feel better soon.

Isabella starts 4-Year Old Preschool tomorrow. We've got everything ready, including her brand spankin' new Ariel (The Little Mermaid) lunchbox. She's thrilled! Me on the other hand, I am freaking out. This is it! After this it's Kindergarten! Phew, I'm feeling a bit lightheaded as I type.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I am SO looking forward to the long weekend ahead of us and all the fun stuff we've got planned. So stay tuned! Until next time!

0 comments: