Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our Gourmet Dinner

In order to prepare the following gourmet dish you will need the following:

(1) An overwhelming desire to NOT make dinner.
(2) An eager 3 year old who REALLY wants to make dinner,
(3) And the following 4 ingredients:
English Muffins
Pizza Sauce
Cheese
Pepperoni


Of course this is just a suggestion, you could totally go CRAZY and use other toppings. Oh my, just imagine the possibilities!

Anyhoo, life happened again last night in the Butler home (in the form of a water leak no less), so the plumbers were here bright and early this morning, making LOTS of noise . Those of you who know us well and know our story, know that water is our NEMESIS!

Because we had to wait for "Joe the Plumber" to finish the job, collect our hard earned money and leave our house, Isabella was 4o minutes late to school and Sam and I literally qualified for Indy 500 on the way to his doctor's appointment. He needed his Flu Shot booster and I had already rescheduled his appointment this morning so re-rescheduling it was not an option. We got there with a minute to spare ~ yeah, talk about cutting it close. Did I mention all of this happened before 10:30 am?

Luckily my day got much better. I got to go on a very nice lunch date with a good friend and her baby, who's exactly one month older than Sam. Afterward, I picked Isabella up from school, went to Walmart to pick up a few things (have I told you lately how much I dislike Walmart?!) and came home right before the downpour.

Needless to say, when it came time to make dinner I was in no mood for it, so I quickly hired my eager 3 year old. Of course she thought it was great that she got to make dinner and I couldn't have agreed with her more,...

I tell ya, it was delicious!

While at Walmart I picked up some Teething Tablets, but I'm not sure if they really work or not. Hey, what can I say? I'm desperate and I'll try anything! I will tell you that apparently nothing says relief like a teething biscuit. He made a humongous mess while gnawing on it and loved every bit of it.

0 comments: