Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread House Amateurs

The Butler Family built their first ever Gingerbread House this afternoon. Neither Scott nor I had ever built one when we were kids. Come to think of it, I don't know if it's because of the scorching Puerto Rican heat, but growing up this was definitely not a part of my culture. But hey,... there's a first time for everything, right?

This was without a doubt a family effort. Scott was our contractor providing the necessary direction, I was the carpenter in charge of building the house, Isabella was the decorator in charge of well,... adding the decorative touches, and Sam was busy being a happy spectator while devouring a ton of snacks.


Isabella's favorite part was eating the icing, which she did constantly, and adding the candy onto the roof of the house. And the best part for me was that we got to do it together and we all had a blast in the process.


I'm pretty sure this isn't the prettiest house on the block, but being that this was our very first attempt at anything like this, I think it turned out pretty darn cute!


I'm positive that going forward we'll definitely be making this an annual Christmas tradition in the Butler home.


PS: It's currently sitting on top of our kitchen counter, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it or how long to keep it out. Due to our amateur status in the Gingerbread House making arena any and all suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated.

1 comments:

{Jennifer} said...

Cute House! It was so great to meet you today!