Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Shack

OK, so I just finished up a big ol' serving of some serious faith nourishing food. I'm talking about the book The Shack by William P. Young. I literally just finished reading it and all I can say is WOW!


One of the ladies in my Fall Bible Study group recommended this book a few months ago, and I actually purchased it during Thanksgiving weekend immediately after finishing up the Twilight series.

I must admit that this book was a bit difficult for me to get into initially. But once I got past the first couple of troublesome (due to subject matter) chapters, I found myself wholeheartedly relating to the main character ~ I often ask myself a lot of the same questions about God and this world we live in that he asks throughout the book. Although it is a work of fiction, it's quite unexpected and revealing.

I highly recommend this book, regardless of where you are in your walk of faith. I for one can say that it has both shaken and enlightened me in wonderful ways.

0 comments: