Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Decision Time

OK guys, the moment of truth is finally here!

Everyone who has been involved in my Dad's evaluation at the Mayo Clinic will meet tonight and go through his extensive file to evaluate test results, current health and determine whether or not he's a viable candidate for the transplants. I think my parents will be notified of their decision either sometime tomorrow or Friday.

I wish I could tell you that I've placed all my worries in the Lord's hands and am at peace with whatever determination is made. But I'd be lying if I did. You see, I tend to be somewhat of a control freak so as you can imagine, with this being totally out of my hands and all, I'm a nervous wreck right now. I don't deal well with uncertainty and I'm definitely not handling not being there with them during this time the best I could either. But enough about me, right?

I know that whatever happens in the next couple of days will be God's will. But I'm looking for my prayer warriors again. All I'm asking for is that you please pray that my Daddy and the rest of our family is armed with God's peace and grace to handle whatever comes our way. That's it, my friends! Peace and Grace for the Torres clan.

I promise to keep you all posted as soon as I hear.

Here's the entire crazy family (sans one grandson, Nicholas).
Photo taken April of 2008 at Shelby Farms in Memphis, TN

0 comments: