Thursday, June 3, 2010

For Today - June 3

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window... it's very peaceful,... the quiet after the rain.

I am thinking... about our very busy, but fun month: my birthday celebration, a dear friend's birthday dinner, a 12-hour crop, the 5 scrapbooking classes I'm teaching this month (Yikes!), and all the fun summer activities we've got planned. And in the midst of all of that,... all the projects I'd like to get done, with #1 being to finish painting our bedroom and #2 to start working on Isabella's birthday invitations.

I am thankful for...
a husband who takes the kids out shopping (for my BDay present ~ YAY!), even in the midst of all the rain, so that I can have some much needed quiet and alone time. He's a keeper!

From the kitchen...
spaghetti and meat sauce, which has become a weekly menu item around here lately: fast, easy and yummy.

I am wearing...
some very comfy jammies.

I am creating...
lots of layouts/projects for my scrapbooking classes this month. I'm really excited about a Mom and Me class I'm teaching later this month. I love creating with little ones.

I am going...
to jury duty next week and I am so totally psyched! No really,... I get to find an all day sitter for my kids, pay $10 for parking/day, pay for lunch and sit and wait ALL. DAY. LONG! What's not to be psyched about? It is not an inconvenience AT ALL! Serving my civic duty ROCKS!

I am reading...
absolutely nothing at this time. I recently finished Water for Elephants and really enjoyed it. I'll gladly take any suggestions for really good books since apparently I'll be doing lots of reading next week.

I am hoping...
for a great birthday weekend with my favorite people in the whole entire world. You know how much I love me a birthday celebration!

I am hearing...
some TV in the background, but I cannot honestly tell you what's playing. Whatever it is, it sounds a bit crazy. Kinda sounds like Will Ferrell,... enough said!

Around the house...
a little bit of laundry to be folded on the dining room table, the dinner dishes piled up in the sink, the vacuum cleaner begging me for some action. And yet somehow, here I sit, in front of my beloved computer.

One of my favorite things... the sound of my kids' laughter when they play together, which is heard a lot more frequently these days. Even though it is often followed by the sound of someone crying, and unfortunately more often than not, it's Isabella doing the crying.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a much needed pedicure, a scrapbooking class on Saturday afternoon, followed by a BDay surprise date with the hubby, and a birthday cookout celebration with my parents and brother and family on Sunday after church. I've got a feeling that it's gonna be a good weekend!

A picture to share....

Potatoes, sugar snap peas and onions from our garden! 
This makes me so happy!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your mind sounds like mine....full.

Love your list.

Jessica said...

5 scrapbook classes for this month WOW!!!! Sounds like fun (and a lot)