Friday, August 15, 2008

Bring on the milestones

Today we ventured into uncharted territory: feeding Sam rice cereal with a spoon for the very first time. We introduced it to Isabella when she was 4 months old. But during Sam's 4 month checkup last month the pediatrician discouraged me from introducing anything to Sam for another month or so. Apparently he didn't think we needed to add any solids to his diet quite yet.

The wonderful big sister did the honors so that the obsessive Mama could snap away. And I'm so glad I did; Sam's facial expressions are priceless:

"What in the world is that?"

"Wait, wait, let's talk first!"

"Oh my gosh, how invasive is this?"

"What the,...?"
"Did you seriously just put that thing in my mouth?"

"Mama, aren't you gonna do something?Oh wait, you're in on it, aren't you? That's just great!

"Yeah, I'm not really sure what it is you'd
like for me to do with this stuff."

That's it, let us pray:
"Dear Lord, please help me since no one else around here will."

"Hmm, maybe this isn't so bad after all."
But then again, everything tastes better when you add my fingers.

0 comments: