Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hi, my name is Liz,...

... and I'm a Facebook-aholic.
It's been only a few days since I've joined, but I'm totally addicted and currently in search for a good support group, and fast!

So, for a couple of years now I've had a few people telling me to join this "cult" called Facebook, and the truth is I couldn't have been any less interested. You see, I just didn't get it. But now? Now I need some serious HELP!

I've found some of my current friends on there, some old friends, some old co-workers, but nothing, NOTHING compares to how much fun I am having reconnecting with a lot of my high school buddies.

You know the question: "If you could go back in time, where would you go?" Well, you know most people answer college, and it' usually because of things such as independence/freedom, experiences, parties, blah, blah, blah. Well you can keep your college cause I'd go right back to High School in a New York second.

We were such a tight-knit group of friends, and had what I think should be an illegal amount of fun together. Most of my memories involve lots and lots of laughter. In 2010 it'll be 20 years since graduation. 20 years!!! It's unbelievable how time flies. Unfortunately life circumstances can take people in different directions, and in all honesty I haven't been the best about keeping in touch for quite a while. Yeah, I am most definitely going back home for the reunion. There was no doubt about that before, but now that a lot of us are in touch and laughing ourselves silly with all kinds of memories and photos,... oh Mama, watch out!!!

So anyway, if you haven't yet gotten sucked in by the black hole that is Facebook, I've got one piece of advice for you: Stay Away!! But if you refuse to take my advice and decide to join then,... by all means send me a friends request so that we can keep in touch.

See? I told you it's a cult ~ brainwashing, controlling, time stealer, keep you away from your family, wear these Nike shoes and drink this yummy lemonade. Well,... maybe it's not that bad, but as you start finding friends, you'll see, it'll suck you right in.

Alrighty then, so in honor of what's just happened to me (as described above), I'm taking you on a short trip down memory lane. Just remember, it was the late 80's, early 90's.

These are from Junior Year in 1989:

These are all from Senior year 1990:
Graduation ~ Wow, check out those bangs!

Yep, here's me at Prom.
Nice hair! Nice dress! Nice tan lines! Nice matchy green eye shadow!
Got sequins?
Thank goodness no one turned me in to What Not to Wear.

I wanted to include pictures from our Senior trip, a Caribbean cruise, but their quality is pitiful, and the people are hardly recognizable in them. So this will have to suffice for now.

Gotta go, I've some people instant messaging me through Facebook. Woo Hoo!

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I think I have the same eye shadow picture of myself with a green dress. We were SO HOT.

Liz said...

Girl, I think we'd be hard pressed to find that color now a days, thank goodness. Well, maybe in the drag queen aisle.