Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sunflower Art

After dinner this evening we went to see the sunflowers along Germantown Parkway. We got to see them last year and they were truly amazing (you can read more about that by clicking here). Anyway, I've been wanting to get out there for weeks to take pictures of that breathtaking display, but haven't really made the time. So finally tonight we went.

This is along the lines of what I had in mind when we left the house:

a whole lot of this:
and maybe some of this:
And although as you can see, we did see a little bit of that, unfortunately most of what we found when we got there was this:

and this:
and this:
and many other very intricate designs.

I'd like to call this Sunflower Art, and there was quite the array of designs for our perusal. Someone or some people spent a lot of time and creative energy making sure the patterns were perfect. And to tell you the truth I think they're doing people like us, who waited way too long to go see the sunflowers and totally missed them in their grandiose splendor, a huge favor by giving us something different and interesting to appreciate while we are there, lamenting that we waited so long.

And of course, since you know me, you know I take every possible opportunity I can to take pictures of the family, and tonight was no exception. Here are just a few:

0 comments: