Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not an educational read by any means,...

... but definitely an entertaining one.

If you were a 90210 fan like I was back in the day and constantly wondered what the point of Donna Martin was, then you might also find it pretty entertaining.

I remember being in college and loving the show (as well as Melrose Place). I watched it religiously when it was at the height of its glory, but episode after episode I though to myself: "Wow, Tori Spelling sure is lucky that her Daddy's the producer. That has got to be the only reason she's in this show." I was definitely not impressed with her character or her acting or truth be told, her looks. (I know, I know, that's very shallow of me,... but isn't that what all stars subject themselves to for being in the public eye?)

Anyway, fast forward about a decade or so (although the show ran from 1990 through 2000, I stopped watching before it ended) and as I've tuned into a couple of her reality shows, I've actually thought that she seems dare I say, quite "normal and likable" and not the spoiled little rich girl I always thought she was.

I ventured into Amazon and was shocked to see that her book was #2 on the NY Times Bestseller list and most of the reviews were extremely positive and painted her in a very favorable light. So I ordered it.

After reading her book I've come to the conclusion that not only was I not the only person in this planet who thought those things about her, but her childhood and upbringing was actually a very sad and lonely one. Boy, am I happy my family did not have any money!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha! Right! Whatever!

Moving on, if you're wondering if I'm going to tune into the new 90210, the answer is an adamant NO. I'm already hooked on too many TV shows that I have to record because I don't have the time to watch when they air.

And now, the good news,... Isabella starts preschool tomorrow so I'm sure the next posting(s) will be much more interesting and much less random. So please come back,...

0 comments: