Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And the bad blogger award goes to,...

Oh my! Are you guys dying of anticipation, like I am? I wonder who will be the lucky person to get the award,... Oh wait!

It's ME!

I wish I could tell you that I have been SUPER busy doing very important things, life changing things, things that will fix the current state of our nation and economy. But, I can't.

I wish I could tell you that I have been away pampering myself with a much deserved and needed relaxation and meditation spa retreat in oh,... let's say Tahiti. But, I can't.

I wish I could you that I have taken up running and biking, competitively, and have been building my stamina for the last week or so. But, I can't.

I wish I could tell you I've been slaving in our house and every single square inch of it is absolutely spotless and clean, every single piece of clothing folded, ironed and put away. But I can hardly type right now cause I am laughing so freaking hard. That was a good one,...

I can however tell you that I've been feeling a bit blah lately. I'm not really sure what all has been consuming my time lately, other than the obvious every day hustle and bustle. But for some reason I'm tired, unmotivated and kind of disconnected. I can't even remember the last time I logged into Facebook (gasp!).

So this here post is my first attempt at getting over whatever this thing I'm feeling is and back to my cheery blogging self.

Alrighty then, so last Saturday my good friend Hannah and I went to the Vesta Home Show. For those of you unfamiliar with Vesta, this is an annual home show where you get to tour (and drool all over) a number of upscale model homes furnished with the latest and greatest products and designs. Scott and I have been to the show in the past, but since he doesn't enjoy it quite as much as I do, he kept the kids while Hannah and I indulged in some girl time.

Although the houses are huge and beautiful and impressive, one of my favorite things about the tours is getting design ideas; from furniture and accessories placement to paint colors and window treatments. I do not discriminate, I love it all,...

So I'll now leave you with some of my oohs and ahhs from our tour:

One of our priorities for next Spring is to re-do our back patio. And since I really want a pergola, I brought these home for Scott to admire:

Apparently the latest thing in high end silk flower arrangements is adding feathers, lots of them. The feathers are strategically placed so that it doesn't look like a bird crashed right into the arrangement. I know this isn't a very good picture, but trust me they're there. And I LOVE it!
Last year my mom and I bought yards and yards of fabric so that I can make window treatments for our master bedroom. After Saturday I'm trying to figure out how I can incorporate something like this:
Hannah, if you're reading I'm sure you're wondering why I haven't posted pictures of the one thing I absolutely and positively loved the most, but I'm saving those for a later post. You know,... the one where I show you how I recreated it for our home at a fraction of the price they were selling it for. I can hardly wait!

OK guys, until next time.

PS Can someone please tell me where in the world are Max and Ruby's mom and dad? They have a grandmother that shows up sporadically, but are they orphans or something? Who pays for all of her Bunny Scout stuff? Seriously, I'm absolutely baffled,...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

ok I'm laughing at your post about being a bad blogger, admiring your pics from the home show but I TOTALLY lost it with the ps comment about Max & Ruby!! Abby LOVES to watch this show so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about! Ruby seems to have a lot of responsiblity with Max and she can't be that old since she's a bunny scout! Thanks for the good laugh!! I sooo miss being around you and that humor of yours!

Liz said...

You know, Isabella was watching it and I could hear it in the background while I was working on my post yesterday. Isabella watches it all the time and every single time I have to wonder where are their parents? Who takes care of these two?

One of my friends said that she thought Ruby is a total jerk to Max, but to her I say: You OBVIOUSLY did not have a little brother who was always all up in your business.

To me she is entirely too patient, ridiculously and unrealistically so. I would have beaten some sense into that bunny a long time ago. I mean, not that that's how I dealt with my little brother,... I'm just saying,... you know, that's how some people do it,... I guess, you know, whatever.

Anyway, I miss you too!