Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jimmy Dean, Honeynut, Cheerios

I love, love, love Wednesday mornings. I love the fact that I get up early, get ready, get the kids dressed, we all eat breakfast and then we go to church. Once we get there Sam goes into the nursery, Isabella goes into the three year old class and I get to go hang out with a bunch of awesome women during my weekly two hour long Women's Bible Study. I do not exaggerate when I tell you that I absolutely need this time; it is definitely food for my soul, and I crave it all week long.

The study I am currently enrolled in is "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" by the amazing Beth Moore. This is my fifth Bible Study at Hope and my third Beth Moore study. If you have never taken one of her studies I cannot encourage you enough to try one. They are totally life changing. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Anyway, after today's study we had scheduled some fellowship time, which is nothing more than getting together to enjoy conversation and yummy food (FYI: it's gonna be a really bad WW week!). After many conversations as to where such gathering should take place, one of our study leaders graciously offered up her home. Since Pam's beautiful house sits on many acres of land and she has quite a few animals, we thought this would be a great setting for all of our children.

So, this is where the "grocery list" from the title of this post comes in. Amongst all of her animals are Lucy, a very shy Black Lab puppy and Honeynut and Cheerios who are two adorable miniature horses. Cheerios was somewhat anti-social and pretty much kept away from the crowd, but Honeynut was not about to miss a thing.

Here's Isabella, ready to feed the horsey some yummy carrots.

The kids having a blast feeding Honeynut.


Even Sam enjoyed watching all the animals.

In addition she has three beautiful "regular" size horses whose names escape me right now, but one of them is a retired race horse. Isn't that cool?

Can you see them in the barn? It might be hard to see, but they're there.

She also has another dog, Chloe, who was put away because of her dislike of children. Did I mention that there were about eight kids running all over the place?

And finally, she also has a pig, whose name is Jimmy Dean,... is that not terrible? OK, first let me tell you, I was envisioning this cute round little pink pig running and snorting all over the house. Oh, no! What I found was not even close. Jimmy Dean is a 200 plus pound UGLY looking pig. UGLY! And in all honesty, he kind of grossed me out a little.

Yeah,... not so cute, is he?

This is Pam, our lovely hostess and Jimmy Dean's owner.

The kids had a wonderful time running around and playing with the animals and us girls had a great time enjoying some adult conversation and catching up.

Have I mentioned how much I love my Bible Studies and the amazing women I have met through them?

0 comments: