Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homework already?

First off let me apologize for being such a bad blogger here lately. But you see this is Scott's busiest time of the year and on most days he leaves for work super early in the morning and returns home pretty late in the evening. Which basically translates to some pretty long days for me. So by the time the kids are down for the day I am pretty much a useless catatonic mess ( so much for my "active week"). Seriously, my heart goes out to all the single parents out there. Although I pray that I never have to find out exactly how it is you do it, you all must know that I totally respect you for doing it.

Alrighty then, moving on. So, on Monday night I was emptying Isabella's school bag and found a note from her teachers in her folder. It said something to the effect of: "During the month of September your child has learned the letters A, B, C and D. We've enclosed some worksheets for your child to practice these letters. Although this is not mandatory and you do not have to return the sheets to us, if you do your child will get a prize."

OK, so my preschooler has homework,... seriously? already? Not to mention the fact that Isabella has never brought anything home with these letters that didn't include slapping some paint on them, stamping on them, gluing on them, dressing them up with glitter, etc. Never anything where she had to actually write the letter per se. But hey, I'm game for just about anything, so let's give it a try.

We sat down at the kitchen counter this afternoon and got to work. The first row was for tracing a specific letter and the second row was for them to write it on their own. Well, I know I can be somewhat biased when it comes to my children (oh alright, I can be VERY biased), but I think she did a great job for this being her first time doing this type of activity. She knows how to write the letters "I" for Isabella and C, and O. But A, B and D are a totally new adventure.

As you can see she loved doing her "homework" and felt like such a big girl.
Here's the Michael Jordan of homework. Check out that tongue. Oh, the concentration that homework requires,...
Anyhoo, Isabella's school pictures are tomorrow so of course we had to go hunting for the perfect outfit and shoes and take her to get her hair cut. Oh, she's gonna look so purty! I can't wait to post some pictures tomorrow.

Well, I'm afraid that's it for today. I gotta go and pass out on the couch now until it's time to get up and go pass out on the bed. Until next time,...

0 comments: