Saturday, May 9, 2009

What a treasure

My hubby and my children left the house today to buy my Mother's Day present and left me all alone in the house for a couple of hours. Can I just say that either the fact that the entire family slept until 9:00am this morning (that NEVER happens around here) or that the three of them left me all alone in the house to enjoy two whole hours of silence was a good enough gift?

Anyway, while they were gone I was looking through some boxes that contain a mixture of old documents, pictures and other stuff. And I came across this here little treasure:


It's a picture of me and my Mom taken inside my grandmother's jewelry store dating back to 1973. Even though the quality is definitely not the best, I love it and I'm SO glad I found it. You see I don't have many pictures of myself as a baby. I'm pretty sure it's because I was the second child (don't worry Sam, I've got you covered. I promise!). Anyway, it totally made me happy and I wanted to share it with you.

You know, today has been a really good day!

0 comments: